• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie Help. Is this possible?

NitroTech

Hey everyone...Is it possible to screen print the image I've attached to creat a vinyl decal or would this be digital print only? Thanks.

Attachments

• Lund.jpg
    Lund.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 113

Gino

Premium Subscriber
According to your count needed, it would be easier to digitally print and cut. However, if you want to screen print, you'll need someone with experience working with photosensitive emulsions and such. There are several Merchant Members here that can produce that for you.

CrabbyOldGuy

We have run that image before without problem. You just need to be on the high end of line count to keep a smooth gradient. Kind of depends on your capabilities and how large the run is to be whether it would be economical for screening as opposed to digital printing.

NitroTech

The total decal size is 9" x 9" with just that logo at the top. The run is 5000 pieces. Previously it was just all one color with also the Mercury logo at the bottom and a short line of text. I can't identify the vinyl used, its matte and probably around 4-5 mil thick. Cost on them was $0.55, and they were screen printed.

Is it reasonable to say if they were digital print I could touch that price, or is it impossible? I'm trying to also find a comparable vinyl that I could supply these at a reasonable price point.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Based on using your Rastek H650, you could print them in about 20 to 22 hours, then you'd have to cut them down, Probably another 4 or so hours.

You do the math if it's plausible or not.

NitroTech

That is what the local Harely Davidson rep thought too.....

Lund Boat Canada is located in my home town. You can call their special events coordinator and ask him if I have permission.

Based on using your Rastek H650, you could print them in about 20 to 22 hours, then you'd have to cut them down, Probably another 4 or so hours.

You do the math if it's plausible or not.

H650 is not operational. Long story. Thanks for your help Gino and everyone else. We've never done a large run like this, so I'm just trying to figure out what is possible and reasonable.

Dwelltime

We would screen print this 6 up on a 27x19 sheet w/380 mesh using UV inks. Probably 3 colors. Black halftones and then a clear or white hi-light. Maybe some silver in there. about 10 hours printing.