• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie on VS640

WrapYourCar

Hi Guys,

I have an urgent job i'm trying to color match a certain dark aqua/navy color, and my Magenta ink shows an exclamation mark "!", would this be altering the output of my prints? in other words if a printer is low in ink on a certain color does it change the output or does it know never to let it function when it's too low? thanks!

WrapYourCar

another question, i was told when i purchased my printer, when printing in "HIGH QUALITY MODE" it would reduce ink consumption, is this true? it sounds incorrect.

scuba_steve2699

It will stop printing before the cartridge runs out. Do not worry, it will not affect your colors as the machine will not let the ink run out.

2B

Did you buy this printer new from a dealer? Doesn't sound like they're doing their job very well.

If versaworks is showing an "!" mark in the ink levels....this only means it's under 50%. If you look closely you'll notice there are only 4 levels...so once it drops below 50% the exclamation appears. If you want a more accurate measurement, on your printer go to menu/ink (something - i forget what they call it) and it will display in 10% increments if I remember correctly.

As for high quality mode - it will INCREASE ink consumption, and DECREASE the print speed.

This

also remember the more ink you lay the longer it will take for the print to dry...