• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Review Nikkalite vs Oralite

Jules

Does anyone have experience with both Nikkalite 8100 and Oralite 5500. I've used the Oralite for years but I'm thinking of switching and don't want to buy a whole roll only to find that it isn't as good. Does it cut/weed the same? Have similar reflectivity? Hold up similarly?

Any opinions welcome.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Niialite is/was pure sh!t when I used it years ago. The reflection is good, but cutting it was horrible. Not worth the savings..... in my book.

ikarasu

We use nikkalite Engineer grade a lot. It weeds and prints nicely for us.

Compared to 3m and orajet it's more brittlee though... It rips easy. So removing it is a pain in the ass if you have to. It also makes weeding a little touched since it might rip when you're pulling thearve chunks... But it still weeds nicely for us.

We use probably 10 rolls a month, mostly in printing and signs.. But we do a bit of weeding and no issues.

As for longevity.... We haven't had a failure yet. Nikkalite sells direct to customers, email them and theyll send you a bunch of sample rolls for you to test out