• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nissan Leaf Wrap - need feedback

pixel_pusher

This will be a template for five local Nissan dealerships' courtesy vehicles. I am trying to show them the merits of not over-designing a vehicle wrap and that you don't have to plaster every square inch with graphics just because you can. What do you guys think of the design?

-JF

Attachments

• Nissan Leaf wrap1002.jpg
    Nissan Leaf wrap1002.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:

formanek

I like it, but should the dealer name and phone number be more prevalent? Seems like there is more emphasis on the emissions and not who is supporting it. Myself..... I wish those stupid box things you take a picture of with your phone would have never been invented. Furthermore on a car doesn't make sense because it is too hard to take a picture anyway when it is going past. The leaf and plug in is sweet. Love the simplicity of it as well.

ucmj22

I'm just spitting in the wind here, but you could remove the top blue on the sides, and wave up the lower one in the back to meet the blue on the hatch. unless you are trying to avoid putting wrap on the bumper. Looks good.

Oh, but it needs a laundry list of dealer offers, really big phone number, and a beveled website address somewhere.

pixel_pusher

Thanks for the kind words.

I am trying to avoid wrapping the bumper, ucmj, or I would definitely make the blue gradient consistent around the back of the car. The dealers want to emphasize the zero emission aspect more than they want to advertise their location. The drivers of these Leafs will already be customers, and they expect the cars to be sitting at the dealership most of the time. They mainly want people to see that this is an electric car and think "wow, it doesn't look much different than a regular car...I thought it would be way crappier."

If I were taking all of my salesman's advice, I guess I should put a dozen bullet points outlining how the drivetrain functions, the range you get out of a charge, a list of all the national charging stations, etc... Oh, and add more drop shadows!!! Because nothing POPS like a drop shadow.

Marlene

I usually hate wraps as they are gaudy and way over done to the point of being an eyesore. I like this as it is clean and simple yet makes an impact. looks nice. did you design the leaf with the plug? it says a lot in that image without having to have words.

HulkSmash

It's awesome.
but..

don't be surprised when they say they have another vendor for the job.
3M stalks Nissan and does all their wraps for the dealerships and their customers through their original wrap program...

ucmj22

Thanks for the kind words.

I am trying to avoid wrapping the bumper, ucmj, or I would definitely make the blue gradient consistent around the back of the car.

Have you checked the white point of your material against the white of the vehicle? I would consider this since you are not planning on wrapping the entire thing. You might need to switch your planned material based on the white point so it looks right.

If I were taking all of my salesman's advice, I guess I should put a dozen bullet points outlining how the drivetrain functions, the range you get out of a charge, a list of all the national charging stations, etc... Oh, and add more drop shadows!!! Because nothing POPS like a drop shadow.

:Big Laugh

pixel_pusher

Well, I didn't photograph the leaf or anything, but I did find a leaf image and power cord image in istock that could be made to fit what was in my sketch. If you prefer, I could say that I conceptualized the image, but I don't see the difference.

Apple sourced all the components for the iPhone instead of creating them from scratch, but they still designed the thing, right?

HulkSmash

Well, I didn't photograph the leaf or anything, but I did find a leaf image and power cord image in istock that could be made to fit what was in my sketch. If you prefer, I could say that I conceptualized the image, but I don't see the difference.

Apple sourced all the components for the iPhone instead of creating them from scratch, but they still designed the thing, right?

sorry, that was a dick comment on my part. I see what you did, and i think it looks awesome.. very clean.

as i mentioned before be careful of 3m stealing your client.. happens to us all the time...especially at Nissan dealerships

jfiscus

Rap Master
Looks a LOT better than the wrap the dealership up here had us do...
Make SURE you measure the hood and rear hatch (and rear window if you're window-perfing it) correctly, the templates are nowhere near accurate for these vehicles.

Attachments

• leaf proof4.jpg
    leaf proof4.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 118

pixel_pusher

No problem, Colorado. Thanks for the warning about the vultures at 3M. This is a new client of ours, so that is more than a little troubling.

pixel_pusher

So, the customer said they want something more "aggressive", whatever that means. I guess I'll tacky it up a little bit. Maybe some blue lightning or a skull hidden in the leaf image.

fmg

I like that design.
Clean, simple and the way vehicle wraps should be these days.

ucmj22

So, the customer said they want something more "aggressive", whatever that means. I guess I'll tacky it up a little bit. Maybe some blue lightning or a skull hidden in the leaf image.

BOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aint that always the way.