Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nissan Vans

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by GP, Nov 5, 2012.

1. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    These new vans are obnoxious and incredibly difficult to develop any decent design approach.

Ugly car + ugly lines = ugly layout

That is all.

Tags:
  2. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Believe it or not there Are incompatible designs..
    straight lines on those things are a huge no no.

3. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    yep i agree! BUT you dont have to worry case 3M specializes in wrapping those puppies

and yes they are ugly

4. lexsigns

lexsigns Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Burlington ma
    argghhh!! not only are they ugly I have a personal problem with them now!!!

did an install (not design) on one last week and I was cussing out the idiot who designed the thing all day! It was an extra tall one so not only did it have the awesome big deep channeled panels it had a quarter inch seam of rubber between them!!

so after 26 years of lettering trucks- I took a header off the hood.... broke and dislocated my finger so glad it was my left hand! Guess you boys like to see icky pics so here it is-

Attached Files:

5. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Is that the moon back there on Halloween night.... or do you want us to think you took an Xray of your own finger.............

Oh yeah, your hand looks mighty big............. )

6. lexsigns

lexsigns Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Burlington ma
    lol Gino- Thats the flash, I took the pic off the computer screen at the ER... seriously Thats MY finger... broken and dislocated!

All because of that truck!

7. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I did 2 last week with conventional vinyl lettering and to make it work all the measurements were technically way off from one side to the other, but i could see no other way to make it look good to the eye. Even had a 5" stripe down the sides and it's one of those judgement calls you have to make and sort of wonder if your going to get paid for it.... I did

8. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

About to start working up modifying a clients van design we have done on a dozen or so vans and box trucks to fit an NV...... does not really look like any more fun than a Sprinter.

9. Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps Kentucky Wraps

Mar 6, 2009
    Bluegrass
    I happen to like the way they look. The pickup truck front end give them a little different look and I think they are cooler looking than the sprinter and not as boring as the same 'ol cargo vans. As long as you try (if customer will let you) to avoid straight lines, they work well.