• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nix Pro sensor

jeffkics

Sign Says
So I have been looking at getting the nix sensor and haven't seen a relative new post on here since 2016. Wondering if anyone has it and is using it since then. Last talk of adding avery vinyl matching to it was in 2016. Have they done anything new to it since 2016. I see oracle and 3m vinyl matching is active.
Its on version 2 since 2016. Is there a newer version expected?
Is it worth the 350$? That seems expensive. Or does the 99 work just as well.
Last login of the ceo of nix to this forum was 2016 too. So wondering if they are just the same old technology.
Maybe there is something new and better out there?

CanuckSigns

I had one back in 2015 or 2016, I returned it, I found it didn't work for my work flow. It matched to avery, 3m, oracal and arlon cut vinyl colours, but was useless on printed graphics as it would only tell you lab, cmyk or rgb values which are useless to match with.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We use ours all the time for grabbing lab values for color matching. It works well for us... We built a catalog of Pantone scans for matching purposes.

JimmyG

I've had a Nix Pro model ($99) for several years now and use it to check Pantone matches and match vinyl colors. It has worked well. I haven't had time to compare the differences introduced Nix Pro 2, But it does look that their $99 Nix Pro Mini has some less features. The new mini version does not use the Nix Pro app, which I prefer best. If I happened to misplace or loose mine, I would seek to replace it (Nix Pro) if still in manufacture. I like handling the larger size much better.