• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help No Black or Blue SP300V

Michael Snook

Hello,
My SP300V is not printing Black or Blue.
New head only 3 months ago as well as Capping and usual.
I’ve had the F3 fuse looked at, it’s good, there is resistance etc.
I’ve swapped the cables, but then it still prints M&Y.
It all started with me cleaning inside.
I’m totally stumped and sad obviously!
Can anyone help?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In these cases the first thing to do is confirm that ink is flowing through the head. Cap the heads and then disconnect the cap top tube from the y connector and pull on that tube with a syringe. Ink should flow into the syringe almost immediately. If you get a ton of suction but no ink, you have a clogged cap top most likely. If you pull and get no suction, the cap top is worn out and is pulling air instead of ink. If you do get ink through, then the problem is definitely electrical. .

The best way to test a fuse is with the continuity setting on a volt meter. You put the two pins on each side of the fuse and it beeps if it's good and doesn't if it's bad. I have had many customers tell me a fuse was good and it ended up not being good so just double check that.

Unfortunately in your case, it sounds like the head is fried. The fact that you can switch the head cables and it still doesn't fire means the black and cyan head should be getting a signal. So if ink is flowing through the head and it still doesn't fire, the head is cooked.

Michael Snook

Hello,

Yes, I fear the worst. I can pull ink through.
It’s all been replaced a few months ago and has had very little use, it’s never been a crisp black, that’s why I’ve attempted to clean it, thinking ink from a tube etc may have blocked it.
So swapping the cables should give me just Black & Blue, but if nothing....£500 down?

Thank you.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the fuse on the main board was bad and you switched the cables, yes the black and cyan head should be the only head that fires. I have been experimenting with recovering head that fry like this but have had no luck yet. Unfortunately, it sounds like you are out of luck.