• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

no ink flow mutoh vj-1324

dbydprint

no ink flow from head to maintenance station

1 week ago I noticed head clogs (minor but bad enough to cause poor prints) - after cleaning - then ink fills to head soaks no luck. I then noticed a clog in the tube the goes in to the waste / clean all tubes and the maintenance station well - but still the same problem that the ink was not flowing. Replaced the maintenance station and still the same problem - it is almost as if the head and the capping station are not connecting, don't know were to go from here. after doing an initial ink recharge we only have a little bit of ink on the capping pad (the tubes underneath going to the pump are still clear so no ink from the head).

Any suggestion what could be cause this ink flow issue?

RG

I have a 1204, not a 1324. But, I'll throw this out there. Check whether the print head is perfectly parallel to the platen. I know that sometimes after a head strike the head on a 1204 can become un-parallel to the platen. Just move the head to the left off the capping station and use feeler gauges or something like that to see how far the left side and right side of the head is from the platen.

dbydprint

I appreciate it - have measured and all seems pretty level - but still not pulling the ink through the capping station (2nd capping station so can pretty much rule it out).

lucasdowden

Have you tried to prime the dampers? I had a problem of not getting flow on my 1204, I pulled out the dampers placed syringe in and pulled until ink flowed into the damper.

Also, i'd try hooking up the 2 waste tubes up to syringes and try pulling ink thru the head.

dbydprint

Have you tried to prime the dampers? I had a problem of not getting flow on my 1204, I pulled out the dampers placed syringe in and pulled until ink flowed into the damper.

Also, i'd try hooking up the 2 waste tubes up to syringes and try pulling ink thru the head.
I have not - when this happened on your end was all 4 color not flowing (that is currently my issue)?

dbydprint

Nothing would flow for me at the time.
I tried pulling ink in to the dampers and the tubes and it pulled ink - looked mainly black-blue is all I seen - nozzle check and black and blue printed - no yellow or magenta - I was happy at this point (oh, maybe just a good cleaning) - a day later after head soaks it's back to the same thing - no ink pulling I cant even pull ink through the pump tubes. does this mean a really bad head clog or something else (I replaced all 4 dampers although they looked fine)? I also tried an initial charge (there is a little bit of ink in the pump tubes and you can see the ink move a little (like a 1/2") so there is a little force from the pump)) - but thinking maybe my new pump is bad?

chad17

I just recently went through a world of issues with no ink movement in the lines, so maybe I can shed some light. If you pull off the dampers and sunction from there can you move ink? If yes but you can't pull ink from the waste tubes then it could be that the head and capping station aren't getting a good seal.

dbydprint

A tech finally solved - it was the head carriage, there are 4 plastic clips in the back 2 were broken at the bottom ( no clue how this could've happened). The up/down lever is on two little springs and the springs were actually raising the carriage up just slightly in the front so the head was not flush to the capping station.

thank you everyone