• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No ink output from head after through cleaning -HELP !

Reelimpatient

Ok, I will try to make this short. I have a JV33-160 running eco-solv. Test draw was getting worse and had minimal test draw on one black test and almost no yellow on one other. Viewed a bunch of Youtube videos on how to remove head and clean and reinstall. Took it all off the printer carefully and flushed the tubes in the manifold and soaked the screen on the printhead. The bracket that has the 3 screws in it that holds the screen on took a hit of a head strike some time ago and I managed to straighten it a couple of months ago while still on the printer and it still printed minus the issues above.
When I removed the bracket, I noticed it was broken on one corner, so I soldered it and then straightened it again. put it all back together carefully and did a ink fill 3 or more times and pattern test ( per color and test draw) No print at all. Ink comes out of the dampers when I remove them from the manifold and press the button. I am hoping this is not electrical.
Saw another thread that said something about doing a manual fill in service mode.
Have not tried that yet.
Where should I go from here?
I have not found anyone with a bracket for a DX5 that I can buy, but would if I can. Suggestions ?
Would really like to get one.

If the bracket is causing the head not to seat in the capping station, would that cause this issue because the ink is not being sucked into the head? Do you all think a manual fill would help being I get ink in the dampers and they were never removed, except taken off of the manifold of the head?

Help, replies, feedback or opinions of any kind are very appreciated.

James Dornan

Did you ever figure this issue out?
I am having a similar problem.

Yesterday my SP-540V stopped printing black so I did an overnight head soak of both heads, came in this morning and did a thorough cleaning and then test printed and the Magenta and yellow have completely stopped printing. I can manually pull ink with a syringe from above and below the cap, Cleaning pulls ink through the tubes. Swapping cables still results in a test print of only Cyan and Black.

Im currently soaking this head only again but Im stumped. I find it hard to believe a 2 month old print head went bad or coincidentally got an electrical issue from an overnight head soak but everything else seems to check out...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unfortunately if you can pull ink from the cap top through the head and it still doesn't fire after a cable swap, the head is most likely fried. It could possibly be a pump or cap top issue but it sounds like you are getting ink flow from cleanings which means something should fire even if not 100%. It's not going to be a fuse or anything further back in the machine because of your cable swap results. The cyan/black head fired fine on the yellow/magenta signal. That can only leave the head as the culprit. If any cleaning solution or ink splashed onto the circuitry or head cables that would normally blow a fuse but sometimes in my experience is blows the head itself. That's most likely what happened.

James Dornan

Update:

After a soak of head and a cleaning the printer now has stopped outputting any ink at all.
Am I now to suppose that consecutive soaks and cleanings have blown two heads or is there a more likely culprit to look at?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You could check the fuses on the main board just to be sure they aren't blowing for sure. What is your method of soaking heads? Do you do it in the machine on the cap tops or take them out?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In the machine just putting solvent in the cap and letting it sit for an extended period of time.

That is the safe way so that should be fine. The only thing I can think of other than electrical issues is the cleaning solution has receded up into the lines and you need to suck it out with a syringe to get just ink. I usually don't recommend overnight soaks for that reason. Sometimes it sucks all the way back to the cartridge. If you look at the ink lines they should be nice and solid color. Not washed out or watery. If they are, that's probably the issue.

James Dornan

No Im pulling ink for sure. Ive even taken everything apart to make sure I can pull ink at every connection and it seems fine except when I print the head moves and nothing prints. When this happens its usually a clog or bubble or a good soak fixes it. this kinda has me stumped. Im at a loss. Unfortunately electrical is not my strong suit so it may be time to call a tech.

James Dornan

So I took a chance and went and bought a continuity tester and sure enough the magenta/yellow fuse is bad, When I went to test the other one thats when I noticed one of the wires had pulled out of the solder joint, Im guessing during the cleaning or removing of the back cover to trace the ink lines down it had pulled loose, hence the mystery of the suddenly black/cyan failure was resolved with a quick reattach of that wire.

When it seems like something odd, it usually is. Ill pick up a new fuse tomorrow. thanks for the help.