• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

no its not signgold

adkmaid

this is primarily what i do now in my business, I love gold leaf always have

Attachments

• hackerlogo.jpg
    hackerlogo.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 116

SignManiac

I've never met any woman who didn't love gold :) That was the only thing my ex wife would volunteer to help me with in the shop.

Jillbeans

Really pretty.
I am the worst gilder ever but I keep on trying.
Yours looks way better than SignGold!
Love....Jill

adkmaid

hahahaha highly specialized turning tool

Very nice turn! Nice outline as well. What technique/tools do you use for your engine turning?

oh highly technical tool LMAO:ROFLMAO: sorry i am one of those "unethical" sign painters that seems to find a use for any stupid object i seem to come across, and the turning tool is one of them.
first you take a chapstick, glue a felt circle on it (yeah the one at the bottom of the dremel tools box) then put quarter size make up remover foam cut out on that then take very pricy velvet square(from a dress found at the salvation army) and tightly wrap over the top and put rubber band on it to hold it, then put lotsa rubber bands on it for gripper and wa la, specialized turning tool. outline with my very favorite Jensen Swirly Q #2

SignosaurusRex

oh highly technical tool LMAO:ROFLMAO: sorry i am one of those "unethical" sign painters that seems to find a use for any stupid object i seem to come across, and the turning tool is one of them.
first you take a chapstick, glue a felt circle on it (yeah the one at the bottom of the dremel tools box) then put quarter size make up remover foam cut out on that then take very pricy velvet square(from a dress found at the salvation army) and tightly wrap over the top and put rubber band on it to hold it, then put lotsa rubber bands on it for gripper and wa la, specialized turning tool. outline with my very favorite Jensen Swirly Q #2

Nice :clapping:
I made the same tools.....only mine are dowels of different diameters.

Billct2

Nice....I also made some similar tools. I had tried to set them up to use in a drill but that never worked for me, so hand spinning it was.

Signguyno1

There is nothing better than a gold leaf hand job!

Attachments

• D Mauro 55 door.jpg
    D Mauro 55 door.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 125
  • D Mauro 1955.jpg
    D Mauro 1955.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 133
  • S-ten cover 4.jpg
    S-ten cover 4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 111

JimmyG

this is primarily what i do now in my business, I love gold leaf always have
looks like very nice work adkmaid...i wish i could zoom zoom the picture tho for better looksee like with your outlines...i love gold leaf also....