• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No Magenta Ink Printing

edgette

Hey guys. Recently my printer ran out of magenta ink. Normally the machine stops and tells me to change the cart but this time I guess it didn't. My fault there. However, once I changed to a new bag I still have no magenta printing. Several cleanings and an "initial charge", I still have nothing but the ink is definitely being pulled through (ink went from 100% to 94% after all those attempts).

What do I look for now?

ams

Sensor may have gone out that would alert you the ink is out. But sounds like you have a bubble or clog in the line.

Guimb0

Recentely have a trouble like this on my mimaki cjv 150.
Causes: Clog head buse magenta
Reason: Bad suction of Capping station
Solution: replace capping station (don't forget transfert the little plug to the new one) + (2x) nozzles wash + (2x) hard cleaning
Result: Bring back to life and back to work! :rock-n-roll:

Good luck !

edgette

What exact printer is this?

SC
Sorry, Mutoh 1324.

I also tried a test print this morning of CMYK blocks. The Y and C are fine but the black is forest green and the magenta is light yellow.

I really don't use this machine as much as I should considering the cost of it so I can't possibly think parts are worn out already. Would running out of ink cause this issue or was that just a coincidence that they were overlapping at the same time?

heyskull

You have an ink contamination problem.
Probably the best place to start is to replace the maintenance station so that the ink is been properly pulled through.
Then do a few strong cleans to pull the ink through. Please remember that doing cleans on these machines uses ink so keep plenty in stock.
Please do this quickly as I find the longer you leave these machines with blocked nozzles, the less likely you are to clear them.
These machines thrive on lots of use also running out of ink has not helped as their are no sub tanks on these smaller machines.
If it had been one of the 16** machines the sub tanks would have held some ink in the system.

SC

dbeere

I RECENTLY HAD THE SAME ISSUE WITH CYAN IN MY ROLAND AND I ALSO CHANGED THE INK AND MESSED WITH COLOR SETINGS IN VERSAWORKS AND EVEN TRIED PICKING COLOR FROM VERSAWORKS COLOR PALLET AND NONE OF THAT WORKED, I THEN SHUT DOWN BOTH THE PRINTER AND VERSAWORKS FOR ABOUT A MIN. AND REBOOTED THEM BOTH AND THEN IT PRINTED CYAN PERFECT. IF YTOU HAVENT TRIED THAT ALREADY MAYBE IT WILL WORK FOR YOUR PRINTER? IT COULD BE A NUMBER OF THINGS

Rayd8

maybe you could swap colors and their dampers on the printhead (i mean: put your two magenta ink tubes and their dampers on another color that prints and vice-versa), then see what happens. If the problem follows the change then you know that you have an ink feed problem, if it doesn't it could be a clogged head?
HTH
T.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
There could be several causes of this issue. I noticed you said that the ink was in a bag, does this mean you are using the Mutoh Liter Adapters? If you are make sure that the bag is fully seated in the adapter and that the ink line is in the proper place where the needle punctures the adapter on the printer side. Also make sure that the plug on the adapter doesn't need to be changed, if it is too old the printer can suck air instead of ink.

If that all checks out than it could be your maintenance station has failed and isn't pulling ink anymore. The printer has no way of knowing if the maintenance station is moving ink, it counts pump turns and marks the chips accordingly, that is why your percentages are going down even if the ink isn't. Have you had issues with chips saying that they were near end or empty while you still had ink in them? If you did that is another sign the maintenance station is bad.