• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No more sandblasting YEPE

eddesign

Did my first new sign with new enroute 4 software and love it no more masking and sandblasting what a time saver No more lifting 100LB bags:beer

Attachments

• GT CAMPUS1.jpg
    GT CAMPUS1.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 164

JR's

Wow Ed, that is a nice sign. Could you give us some more information on the sign?
How deep is the area around the letters? It really looks like sandblasted redwood.
How big is the sign?

JR

SignManiac

I'm using Vectrix Aspire software to create the same thing. It's a nice effect in HDU and PVC but I still prefer the look of real wood so when I have to use real wood, I'll still do the occasional blast but it has it's place when carving synthetic materials.

Nice job btw.

eddesign

sign spec

The sign is 62"x80" two 1 1\2" thick 20lb hdu glued to 3\4x1.1\2 Aluminum supports.Mounted to 6"x6" aluminum post with hdu tops and trim All paint is automotive paint SEM high build primer.u-tech 3.8 polyurethane and oneshot paint.The texture has highs and lows of 1\2" .The letters are raised a1\4" off the highest point of the background texture. By importing bmp. into software You can make all kinds of texture and save for other jobs.My mined is spining on What I will do next

eddesign

route time

It took 6 1\2 hr per side as to 3hr of masking & blasting per side the old way. But I can go and do something other while its working:beer

signmeup

You must have a big shop. If that thing was wailing away in my shop for 13 hours I couldn't do anything else. Well work related anyway. Ooooooh....I get it.

dfeicke

I can see that it's a lot less hassle, for the most part. But when I think about those payments every month, those bags of sand look lighter and easier to handle.

Hope you've got enough work volume to keep that thing busy.....

diverscott

I'm really liking that texture. It looks awesome. Great work, there.

We've been doing similar routing on 4' x 8' PVC sheets, bonding two together back-to-back to form a double sided sign. These are typically text and numerous governmental logos for parks and projects. I'm using Enroute 3 and am looking forward to upgrading to version 4 for the textures.

The time to route PVC isn't so bad. We cut at 168 inches per minute, using a 0.250 bit. to give the job a uniform depth and bit width. Then, we go down into 0.125 and 0.0625 at much slower speeds for detail passes. If we upgrade to Enroute 4 and put a texture on the background, I'd be able to use a larger bit to cut the field (like a 3/8" or 1/2") at a significantly higher speed, since the texture would blend out the widths of strokes.

SARAH RUBIN

Did my first new sign with new enroute 4 software and love it no more masking and sandblasting what a time saver No more lifting 100LB bags:beer
Hello,

Just responding to let you know that we are a wholesale sign manufacturing company
that does it all as well. If you ever need any sandblasting, HDU or monument with signage please keep us in mind.

Thank you for your time
SARAH
www.sandblasted.com
sarah@signdesignandfabrication.com