• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No stock on install kits?

wrkalot

So, our new Mimaki CJV150-130 shipped on 12/29/2020 and we received it on 1/3/2021. We unboxed everything and were going to get the stand installed and machine in place for install BUT no screws etc. We are told that they are out of the "basic install kit". Here we are on 1/12/2021 and still no word on when we'll get it. Does it seem odd to you?

We are new to this so it's not like we are in a bind and have to have it today but should this be an item that is always in stock?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Umm yes that should be an item that should be in stock and included with every piece of equipment.

Definitely seems odd. I'd be pressing the dealer to get this figured out.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've installed countless Mimaki machines in the last ~10 years and they always have the install kit. It comes in the main box for the printer. I'd be pretty surprised to not see it in the box. Put your dealer to work and get what you need but don't be too hard on them as they don't have a ton of control over what Mimaki does.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Seems a bit odd, for sure. How much down did you put on it ?? Can't they call around with other distributors and borrow one ??

APCInk

Merchant Member
As crazy as this sounds, we have experienced this on a couple of our installs too. For whatever reason, Mimaki has taken to shipping the Install Kits separately from the printers, and due to supply-chain issues, there do seem to be some cases where the printer has shipped but the install kit was backordered. While it’s not really your dealer’s fault, I’d definitely press them to see if they can scrouge something up. Ultimately what you really need to get up and running is just a power cord, pre-fill cartrides and the assembly screws. Rasterlink can be downloaded as a trial and then registered when the box with the serial key shows up. Proper power cord and screws can be replaced later too.

It’s less than ideal, but then so are global supply chain problems ;)

- DM

wrkalot

Thanks for the replies. We really like our dealer and they are in touch with Mimaki but so far no word on when we'll get it. We put 8k down and they are giving us net 30 on the balance starting on the install day. Hoping to get an update today. The basic install kit, as it's shown on the packing list, is a separate box and not in the printer box, which seemed odd to me. We have all of the parts for the stand, take up reel, etc but no screws, instructions, etc.

We are not in a rush BUT would still like to get the ball rolling during our slow time.