• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Noob Cutting mat/table questions

Nismoasfuh

Hello all, have a pretty noob question here that I can't seem to find a answer to. I plan on getting a clear cutting mat for my work table. However I can't find info on how it would secure onto the table? Does it get screwed in? adhesive? It's meant to be flipped over after a few years to use the other (fresh) side, so I would assume something not too permanent? Also, what do you guys put under your clear cutting mats? I see some mats like the rhino mat offers a grid sheet to put underneath the mat.

Bly

We have some clear mats from Yellotools and they are sticky enough to stay put.
The white Rhino mats are a little slipperier so need a bit of double sided tape around the edges.

Nismoasfuh

We have some clear mats from Yellotools and they are sticky enough to stay put.
The white Rhino mats are a little slipperier so need a bit of double sided tape around the edges.
was looking at the crystal cutting mat from yellotools. thanks for the quick reply!

Pippin Decals

I made a 32"x 7foot shadow box table for me.with a glass top. it has 3 24x24 remote control LED Panels that i can turn on 1,2 or all 3 how ever i want. Works amazing as hell. Here is a short clip of my table when i first set it up. My storage is all changed now and more Professional looking ,so skip that part lol

AKwrapguy

Hello all, have a pretty noob question here that I can't seem to find a answer to. I plan on getting a clear cutting mat for my work table. However I can't find info on how it would secure onto the table? Does it get screwed in? adhesive? It's meant to be flipped over after a few years to use the other (fresh) side, so I would assume something not too permanent? Also, what do you guys put under your clear cutting mats? I see some mats like the rhino mat offers a grid sheet to put underneath the mat.

We have 96"x48" and 96"x54 and the're just free floating. Very rarely do we have any issue.