• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Noob needs help with Roland PC-60

digitalart

I purchased a used PC-60 from Ebay as a way to add small decals to my design business. The stand was lost on the way here so am need of another one...does anyone know where I might be able to buy parts for this?

As far as the printer/cutter itself..I downloaded the manual, bought new Roland cartridges and Mactec 9800 vinyl...followed the tips found on this site about cleaning and setup and I still can't get the darn thing to work. :noway: I load the material over the sensors, align it over the grip rollers and adjust the pinch rollers where indicated and I am still getting errors. Both the Roll and Piece lights are flashing and according to the manual this means improper position of the vinyl or pinch rollers and I am quite certain I have done it correctly at least one of the 50 times I have tried it...anybody have any ideas on what else I could try.

Thanks in advance.

StreamlineDesign

Hopefully the PC-60 itself is not shot - as in something wrong with the mainboard. Can you upload some pics of where you have the rollers set?

Sign Works

Starting to see a lot of these type posts on various forums, are you guys actually buying these things without first confirming that they actually work? :doh:

digitalart

The nice folks took some time with me today and explained that it was more than likely a damaged sensor. Probably happened in transit as they are fragile. The seller has said that it worked perfectly before shipping. And the pictures on the listing did show that. Woe is me

anozira02

PC-60 problem

Open the face lid and make sure that the roller pinchers are lined up under the white markings...who knows this may help, also check if the lever is in the down position...