• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

'normal / best price' super sticky vinyl needed

discountdecals

Hi Folks,
I'm starting a range of quad and road bike decals but i don't need or want to pay for mx super sticky or the heavy duty laminate. I need a good super sticky permanent poly 1.5m vinyl and possibly laminate too though, im using 100 microm / 4mil stuff here at present.
Thanks in advance folks

reQ

No proper materials - decals will be garbage.

This was the first year i was doing snowmobile wraps. Spent few day figuring out what material is proper one to use for it. Bought IJ39 from 3m (i think thats what it was) was told its HT and used for sleds/bikes/quads etc. Never made any decals out of it, found SUBSTANCE materials, which was 3x money i paid when compared to 3m. But quality was amazing and i could tell its MADE for that.
If you don't want to use right materials - don't even bother doing the work.

Billct2

You also might want to indicate where you're from suppliers/materials will vary by area ....I know of two Londonderrys, No. Ireland and New Hampshire

Z SIGNS

I was going to reach out to you and have you decal my quad but now that I know you would be using the cheapest material available I changed my mind.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I was at a business mixer last night and you know what the topic on everyone's tongue was................??

How cheap their own individual industry is becoming. There were about 5 separate conversations, at various times throughout the short evening.... and they all revolved around people from telecommunications, to a print shop, to two designers, business equipment company, physical therapy business, a real estate team and some others I don't remember any longer. They all were b!tching how people/customers are gravitating towards price and price alone. They're sold a bill of bad goods, don't know they just got burned and then do it all over again. People are listening to the bullcrap they're being fed by snake oil salesmen/women and acting on misinformation, just like the kind the OP here wants to do. We had more people joining in our conversation, nodding their heads, than people actually paying attention to the hosts...... and they had the free food and drinks ))))

The people who want to mislead their clients or just plain deceive them, by cutting corners and talking out the sides of their mouth have always been around. It's nothing new, but the sudden increase in their numbers in the last 10 years or so is completely overwhelming. These customers get burnt, then look around for the next cheap guy and then the next... hoping they're gonna find a miracle. In the meantime, no matter how well a product you might make is..... they say they can't afford it, since they put so much bad money into this project already. They are being brainwashed that signs are cheap, no matter where you go and all the same. That's the hurdle we all face. You get what you pay for and if they're willing to only look at numbers, then so be it.

We, still sell on craftsmanship and service, not price. We are totally competitive, but we will not cut corners. We've taken measures to prevent cheap people from calling on us, but they're out there and continue to call us. Sometimes, we can talk one into coming in and seeing what a real sign is all about. These other a$$wipes that just sell a bunch of crap just don't stay in it very long, but for everyone that goes out-a-business, two new ones pop up.

Techman

I've become disgusted with the whole " it's cheaper" mindset.

The entire walmart mentality is taking over. Just the other day a lady bought a service discounted to $159.00 after spending about half hour indirectly asking for a discount. She went down the road and found it $5.00 cheaper. Just 5 measly bux. The guy actually quoted it 5 bucks cheaper.

She called back and demanded a refund over 5 bux. It was a littler cheaper she said. Never mind that our package contained a better service. She just wanted cheaper. No inquiry as to the total package to compare. Nothing but a bidding war was she wanted. Glad he got it. Because now he will likely be nitpicked over every detail.

reQ

I've become disgusted with the whole " it's cheaper" mindset.

The entire walmart mentality is taking over. Just the other day a lady bought a service discounted to $159.00 after spending about half hour indirectly asking for a discount. She went down the road and found it $5.00 cheaper. Just 5 measly bux. The guy actually quoted it 5 bucks cheaper.

She called back and demanded a refund over 5 bux. It was a littler cheaper she said. Never mind that our package contained a better service. She just wanted cheaper. No inquiry as to the total package to compare. Nothing but a bidding war was she wanted. Glad he got it. Because now he will likely be nitpicked over every detail.

5 bucks is almost 3 Tim Hortons' coffees, here in Canada! Cmon man xD

Sign Works

Hi Folks,
I'm starting a range of quad and road bike decals but i don't need or want to pay for mx super sticky or the heavy duty laminate. I need a good super sticky permanent poly 1.5m vinyl and possibly laminate too though, im using 100 microm / 4mil stuff here at present.
Thanks in advance folks

To answer your question I think the least expensive high tack vinyl your gonna find is Arlon DPF8000.

Now I've got one for you, Are you actually licensed to sell all those corporate trademark logo decals on your website? http://shop.discountdecals.net/

discountdecals

Arlon DPF 8000

Thanks for that and the smart *** comments too.
at the end of the day... there are a lot of quad and atv users out there and not all are out racing every week and needing the highest end quality goods. The customer is always right and if they are told what they are buying and advised on the decals they are buying that is fine with me. I know so many people that are running about with crap graphics because of the price of them, when they would happily buy kits which are easier to fit and will last a long period of time if advised on how to look after them.
The Arlon dpf 8000 appears good and ill be calling in the morning. If I am going to buy I want to but right and not waste money. Not all buyers are needing the highest quality.... we all have a car, just because reQ drives a C class mercedes doesnt mean we all have to drive a C Class mercedes.... it's a car, like a decal.... Z signs drives a pink reliant robin and it does exactly the same job as the mercedes... decals can range in quality but as long as the buyer knows what they are buying i don't see the problem on offering a range of decals for the full market place and not only offering top end for top end buyers.
Again thank you for help on this... i'm not old school but want to sell a range of the same product. My only real supplier ive come across is motomark http://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/motomark.asp but my the time the 1 meter of vinyl and laminate is added there isnt much room for profit... do we let this part of business die away or try to reinvent and offer in a different way...again for those that are helpful, thanks and for those that are stuck up their own 4$$, please try to help someone else... thanks :)

Sign Works

Weird...seems like that site no longer exists.

Site was active yesterday ... Maybe someone like Harley asked him the same question. I did notice that he did not have the integrity to answer my question, that in itself answered the question.

DesireeM

I really do want the answer to that question though. Do you have permission to reproduce all those copyrighted logos?
If not, you have more balls than brains.