• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not getting black and cyan on my SP300V

anwarshah

Hello,
My SP300V prints dark red instead of black and light yellow instead of cyan.
I just replaced all the dampers and also the cap tops. All the installation was
done correctly.
I did a solid bar print around 1x10 inches in black and another in cyan both
at 100%. After many tests, I still didn't get dark red for black and light yellow
for cyan. Magenta and yellow are fine.
Can anyone help please.
Many thanks

Smacc

Hello,
My SP300V prints dark red instead of black and light yellow instead of cyan.
I just replaced all the dampers and also the cap tops. All the installation was
done correctly.
I did a solid bar print around 1x10 inches in black and another in cyan both
at 100%. After many tests, I still didn't get dark red for black and light yellow
for cyan. Magenta and yellow are fine.
Can anyone help please.
Many thanks

FrankW

You print red when building up black with Cyan, Magenta and Yellow, and Cyan is missing. You should print a nozzle test. Could be for example that the left cap top is clogged, or something of this kind.

anwarshah

How does your nozzle check look, should be black, cyan ,magenta,yellow in that order.
It does print black,cyan,magenta and yellow from left to right. Cyan comes out very light almost invisible. My lines are connected as shown in the sketch. The cap tops are new. I heard about cross contamination somewhere, but on explanation as to what it is and how to solve it. Just the two words only someone mentioned. Thank you for your response.

Attachments

• damper lines.jpg
    damper lines.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 199

Smacc

It does print black,cyan,magenta and yellow from left to right. Cyan comes out very light almost invisible. My lines are connected as shown in the sketch. The cap tops are new. I heard about cross contamination somewhere, but on explanation as to what it is and how to solve it. Just the two words only someone mentioned. Thank you for your response.

Smacc

You could try syringing the black/cyan print head .Just ensure the heads are capped and remove the output tube for the cyan/black cap at the y junction and attach a syringe and gently pull through about 20 mils of ink ,you can watch the ink lines into the dampers to check for bubbles etc and listen carefully to the cap there should be no sucking sound. See how that goes

anwarshah

I did just that also at the damper side on the cyan ink line. There wasn't much ink there until I sucked some. I still had the same problem. After checking the new cyan damper, it looked suspicious and barely had any cyan ink in it, so I replaced it again and sucked the ink line. This time it worked. So bad new damper perhaps? I have a cousin in NZ, nice green land and scenery. Summer is here :), you are waiting for winter :(.
Many thanks to all the guys/gals for the support.