• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not looking for "something for nothing"

maxamy

First of all I understand software cost money to develop and I am NOT looking for a free solution however that being said I was wondering if I could get some help...

I purchased an older cutter plotter and computer (Vinyl Express Ultra 24" serial port and Windows XP Dell machine)

I was wondering if anyone new of a demo I could download and test this unit for free? Before I spend any more money on it I would like to test and make sure it can work...I have a few pieces of scrap vinyl that came with it and I will willingly purchase software as long as I know this thing will function as it should... thanks in advance for any advice and have a great day... Max

maxamy

The Model is GRC-61 ... I did find a program WinPCsign that had a demo but the dropdown list didn't include a GRC-61 model... I used the setting Vinyl Express 24 and it communicated but it chewed the paper up and cut too deep... could the driver be the problem or is there other problems? settings? blade? etc etc ... thanks

maxamy

OK ill try that... I'm am very new at this so I will have to play around to learn... I need some practice vinyl too ... lol

strypguy

I still use my GRC 61. Great little cutter. What are your current settings and what type of vinyl are you trying to cut? John

maxamy

I also found signgo demo that worked but I chewed up all my vinyl... lol
I have ordered a whole roll to practice with... I lowered the blade some and will try again tomorrow if it comes in...
settings are force 4.40 oz
speed 7 ips
offset .005
if im reading it right

Thanks for any help...Max

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I also found signgo demo that worked but I chewed up all my vinyl... lol
I have ordered a whole roll to practice with... I lowered the blade some and will try again tomorrow if it comes in...
settings are force 4.40 oz
speed 7 ips
offset .005
if im reading it right

Thanks for any help...Max

4.4 oz is 128 grams which is extremely high for regular calendared vinyl. Exposing more blade will only make it worse. You need to lookup your user manual to see how they say to install the blade. Proper blade installation is key to getting good cuts. With a new blade you should be around 30 - 60 grams of force for standard vinyl. Only a small fraction of the blade should be exposed. Also, the offset setting is a physical attribute of the blade. The package it came in should say what to set it at.

maxamy

I will check into that... WOW !!! lots of help here... Thanks again all I will report back when the vinyl comes in...
It makes sense it would have been set high because I purchased it from a small company that did tshirts... Ill adjust with the supplies I purchase... thanks again

maxamy

So i tried a couple of the freebies ad still haven't had success... got more to look into but I reduced pressure and now it wont cut deep enough and one of them (vinylmaster demo) couldn't find the cutter... signgo doesnt work right but winpcsign with the wrong driver loaded will actually get it to start but then it locks up... says data in buffer... I'm not one to give up though ... gonna keep trying :)

Pippin Decals

here you go...This software is amazing and made to work for your cutter...Craft Edge: Professional Sign Software for Vinyl cutters and Vinyl Plotters I dont work for these guys i just use this same program and i love it..It has one flaw and that is the Text to arc feature isnt the best .but i use ai cs6 and ai cc to do it in...the combo between ai and sure cuts alot 4 pro is awesome and soooooooo easy..And i have tried Vm,SbE etc and nothing in my own opinion is easier to learn and to use and find what you want to do...If you want to see it work live let me know and send me a PM and ill talk to you about it...And its a great price also..You wont regret it trust me lol.. This download is a FREE demo version...

First of all I understand software cost money to develop and I am NOT looking for a free solution however that being said I was wondering if I could get some help...

I purchased an older cutter plotter and computer (Vinyl Express Ultra 24" serial port and Windows XP Dell machine)

I was wondering if anyone new of a demo I could download and test this unit for free? Before I spend any more money on it I would like to test and make sure it can work...I have a few pieces of scrap vinyl that came with it and I will willingly purchase software as long as I know this thing will function as it should... thanks in advance for any advice and have a great day... Max