• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

not printing true black xc540

XGT

I'm using CorelDraw 12 with CYMK pallet. I export the file as an EPS to versaworks on my roland soljet pro III xc540. I'm making a basic sign with a colored background but with black boxes around the text and black text. There seems to be almost like an outline of white around the black text/boxes meeting other colors.

Ive looked into color management to select preserve black option but the screen shot below is completely different than what I've found online.

Attachments

• color manag. screen shot.PNG
    color manag. screen shot.PNG
    198.8 KB · Views: 134
  • true black.jpg
    true black.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 128

XGT

im using the ICC profile that Oracal provided. its oracal 3641. what profile would you suggest? or would you keep the profile and just adjust the pre heat and print heat temp? They were at 35.

Joe House

what are your quality settings in Versaworks? Can you send a screenshot of that? They will have a much bigger impact on print quality than your Corel color settings.

XGT

so i adjusted the heat settings and it printed perfect. then the company wanted me to reprint some of the sign material with white font instead of black. now im getting blurry edges.

Attachments

• IMG_7765.jpg
    IMG_7765.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_7766.jpg
    IMG_7766.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 108

XGT

today here in michigan it was quite a bit warmer than what it was when i printed the 2nd time with it turning out perfect with the heat settings higher. with the same heat settings today it resulted what is above. so i adjusted the heat settings lower than what they were the 2nd time and now the print is turning out perfect. so does it make sense to say the heat settings have to be lower during warmer months even though the media/printer is in a controlled/heated environment?

XGT

i did change the color management setting to signs and displays.i dont think it would make that much of a difference....but who knows