• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Not sure how to handle this.................. ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We had a tech out to our shop to do work on some very specific problems. Our main problem was our cyan head in the flatbed was not firing properly. After flying the tech into our shop and his working on it for a day and a half. He said it was fixed and he flew back home. We ran tests and all seemed fine. Thursday started printing again and it was printing flawlessly. However, yesterday we were printing some 60"×84" panels. The first panel looked horrible after about 8" in. Banding like crazy. Cleaned and purged everything, flipped the panel over and started again. Almost the same spot and went bad. Tried a different profile, same results. Tried other jobs...... all resulting the same, cyan dropping out. All the jobs we printed to this one was mostly reds, browns and blacks. Not much cyan needed. Okay, the problem has not been fixed, so I called the tech and he wants me to take this thing apart. Something about a secondary tank not filling properly. Well, that's what he said the first time. I don't think I can do it.

If we called him to do a specific fix and it isn't fixed...... should we be on the hook to fly him back and forth again ?? He wants to do this over the phone Monday morning and no one here is comfortable doing this. That's why we paid some big bucks the first time around.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gino

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Seriously, no one local that can fix it?
I’d be telling him to get back down and resolve the issue.
You’ll have to pay, but it is what it is

this is why when people want printer recommendations, I always recommend a company with local support rather than the “best printer”

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We ran several tests, but none were larger than maybe a few inches into a job. The largest test we did, had more light cyan than regular cyan, so evidently, it wasnt a good test to show us what we needed. Didn't realize that at the time. He used to be more local, but hadda move about 3 years ago.. I was using another tech, but he was so expensive and we learned how to fix most things. This was one thing we couldn't do on our own.

We didn't sign off on anything. Wasn't required. My thoughts are basically this...... he was asked to come out to specifically fix our cyan problem, plus 3 or 4 other problems all at the same time. It appeared he had fixed all of the problems. He left and within days, the problems was found to still be there. Our other problems were fixed, just the cyan is still acting up.

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
Which UV printer do you have?
Which heads? Gen 5? Kyocera? Konica?
Is there a secondary filter between the subtank and the head?
This sounds like a problem I've seen on heads with a secondary filter that won't allow fast flow of ink to head.
Bruce
631-520-3074