• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not sure if this breaks the rules- I need six words typed out in a font I don't have.

Andy D

There is a proof I need to make that literally has six words in a font I don't have.. and the font is $160...
Would it be a violation of copy right rules to ask someone here, who has the font, to type it out and convert to outline?

Andy D

Poynter Oldstyle - Bold OR SIMIBOLD.
The words are;
COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE HEALTH SCIENCES

All caps, as shown.

SignosaurusRex

Poynter Oldstyle - Bold OR SIMIBOLD.
The words are;
COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE HEALTH SCIENCES

All caps, as shown.

Sorry Andy, I got derailed by future client / new owner of a trucking company I used to do a lot of work for. Wants to go back to the original branding I created years ago.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Another fun way around this that I found is to type something up in InDesign, package it up and send it out via ZIP file, since packaging will create a fonts folder with the .otf or .ttf where you can just install. But this is also a little sceezy.

Z SIGNS

Last time I needed a font I typed the text I needed into a font previewer took a screen shot of it then traced it. It worked

brdesign

There is a proof I need to make that literally has six words in a font I don't have.. and the font is $160...
Would it be a violation of copy right rules to ask someone here, who has the font, to type it out and convert to outline?

Once the text is converted to outlines it is no longer a copyright issue. That is how it was explained to me years ago by the legal dept. of the international sign franchise I used to work for.