• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

not sure what to do?

ONLINE SIGN GUY

Ive had conflicting info, we are doing team shirts for a roller derby team, and just got the shirts, they are 80% nylon, 20 % polyester i think, there similar to a dry fit and spandex material, our printer said the ink to use is special and heat apply wont work, now I have seen on here that heat apply can work, so here are my 3 questions...

1. do you all feel it would work, not peel up or come loose due to the stretchiness of the material?

2. What material and at what temp?

3. it is a 4 color logo on front, 1 color in back

ok, I have a 4th question, is there anyone on here that can produce high quality and color appliques for this item, solid 4 color vectored design, no fades or half tones?

Thank you for your time?

RBDesign

Better to do it right

It's best to do it right or it could come back on you. what we would use is a nylon bonding additive. which will let you run your heat lower and will require you to let set over night. You need to be careful not to run nylon too hot cause that nylon will shrivel up like plastic, very sensitive material. Another thing, if you need the imprint it to be flexible, you need to use the proper ink that will allow for that. Transfer can work if done for Nylon material and with the flexible ink you need, but direct print would be the best approach.

hope that helps
--rbd