• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not sure what to use ? Please help

what the

Owner/op
I have a customer that wants a clear acylic signs with the print graphics on the back, backed with white- The only media I am adapted to is static cling to get the reverse - Can anyone recommend what they use to achieve this print or sign process?
Thank you so much!

jtinker

Owner
You'd need a face mount film. You mount the face mount like an over laminate and then mount that on the board with the face of the print on the back of the material. Kinda like a fish bowl

henryz

Print on clear mirror apply to acrylic then apply white, if you have white print capability them do that.

AKwrapguy

I have a customer that wants a clear acylic signs with the print graphics on the back, backed with white- The only media I am adapted to is static cling to get the reverse - Can anyone recommend what they use to achieve this print or sign process?
Thank you so much!

Don't use static cling. Use a clear material like 3m 3650-114, reverse print, basicly laminate with white (3M 7725) and apply.

AKwrapguy

Just out of curiosity...why not just print on laminate? it's clear.....

Depends in the Laminate. 3M 8518 (gloss) is not clear but has a slight yellow tint to it. So you would have to make sure to use an optically clear lam. But I don't see why not if you have it.

ikarasu

We print on 8518 in reverse and then white back it all the time. Its not the best media to print on... You can buy ij40 in clear,.and 180 I'm clear. If your just needing to do it to one sign... Print on an overlam mirror imaged, apply it to the back... Then apply a true white vinyl to the back.

If it's something you'll do a lot... There's a few clear media's out there.

Bly

We just use our standard polymeric gloss lam - once it's backed with white it looks great.