• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not your typical dimensional sign

SignManiac

I often get called on for some rather unusual projects. I was contacted by an artist who had an idea for a sculpture she is working on for an exhibit. I met with her and she showed me a drawing for a piece that is meant to be interactive. She wanted a free spinning wheel like a wheel of fortune. I figured out how to put it all together and she also wanted it easy to set up and break down so it could move from gallery to gallery.

The base unit is interlocking and can be put together in a minute or two using no tools. The top piece sets on top and is meant to spin and land on various categories. There are words v-carved into the wheel that the photo doesn't show. She arranged the various animal bones and I had to place them in this permanent position. Made from PVC and painted with Matthews. Anyway, thought I'd share this unusual project.

Attachments

• Wheel of fortune-00.jpg
    Wheel of fortune-00.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 104
  • Wheel of fortune-01.jpg
    Wheel of fortune-01.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 94

Marlene

that sure isn't a typical dimensional sign for sure! nice job on the chicken spinning wheel thingy;)

SignManiac

It's meant to stimulate conversation regarding the various relationships mankind has with animals throughout society. Some of the categtories are animals that are feared, worshiped, tolerated, accepted, valued, endangered, despised, exploited, etc...

Just another day in the life of my crazy world.

C

ColoPrinthead

It's meant to stimulate conversation regarding the various relationships mankind has with animals throughout society. Some of the categtories are animals that are feared, worshiped, tolerated, accepted, valued, endangered, despised, exploited, etc...

It's making me think I should have some chicken for lunch.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020

bona fide design