Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing but numbers....?

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by aha!creative, Jun 4, 2012.

1. aha!creative

aha!creative Member

Apr 4, 2011
    I normally use cutting master from Illustrator but that computer DIED this morning so I am scrambling to try to send a job from another computer that has to get done today.

I have the art in Flexi...
    Then send it to cut...
    Then it opens in Production Manager...
    Then it sends to my Graphtec...
    Then the pen goes nuts cutting numbers, digits, etc... in a long line along the punch marks.

What is happening!!!

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    check to make sure you have the correct driver settings.

3. aha!creative

aha!creative Member

Apr 4, 2011
    I have reviewed them and they seem correct, any specific suggestions Techman?

4. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    What language is the plotter set for. If my memory is correct cut master requires Graphtec language (GPGL) and Flexi requires HPGL.

5. TwoNine

TwoNine Active Member

Apr 17, 2011
    I don't know if it's the language that is a problem - cause your plotter is cutting actual digits. I'd look at baud rate and transfer and packet sizes. They need to match your plotters requirements. My guess is it's trying to send too much data at once and overloading the plotter. ?? Maybe. :|

-Chad

6. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    It's HPGL vs. GPGL. Set the right one for your circumstances and this should go away.

It's been a few years but what happens is that the serial command stream, which is all in ASCII, somewhere contains a label instruction, LB in HPGL if memory serves, bog knows what in GPGL, and from that point all of the ASCII is interpreted as label characters until a label terminator, usually EOL, EOT, or something like that, is encountered.

Hence the seemingly endless stream of characters being plotted.

7. aha!creative

aha!creative Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Thank you for all the responses! You guys rock. :)