• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Novus Ultra III OMG is it true?

UVRay

I was just sent some info on the Novus Ultra II and III. Looks to be a pretty bad *** printer. My counterpart in Baltimore is checking it out at the SGIA show this week.

I'm pretty impressed with the brochure he sent me and really like the fact it's field upgradable. The Ultra III can do 32 boards an hour in Quality mode and it has a rigid media auto loader for $36k more. I believe he said the price for the Ultra III is $329k w/o the autoloader/unloader. Get this, ink is $103 a liter..less than half what I'm paying for Sericol Ink Bags for my Acuity. Oh yea, it has the Gen5 Ricoh heads. Optional ink sets are White, Varnish, Red, Green, Blue, Violet, Orange and Gray.

The one thing that I'm super interested in is the AUTO MASKING VACUUM TABLE.. yup the sensors close off vacuum from the edges inwards till the vacuum starts to rise. NO VACUUM ZONES... crap I think I'm in love or lust.. not sure which right now. And it has pin registration to boot!

If any of you guys are going to SGIA please check these out and tell us what you think!

cheers!

Ray

UVRay

Absolutely Pat, I was reading the brochure and the auto vacuum zone feature really hit home with me as I do a lot of custom masking. And who can cry about $103 a liter inks?

I sure hope to hear more positive feedback on this machine as we are looking to get another machine in 2016. I was thinking I was getting a used Vutek 3m machine from our Baltimore location but now not so sure.