• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Now this is the good stuff!

jkdbjj

So I have been eating Raw food for the last several months. Other then a cold I have now, I have lost 30 lbs, feel great (other then work related stress).

My favorite local Raw food restaurant, has bottled their drinks now. Not for everyone, or hardly anyone for that matter, but its a good for ya!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

ChicagoGraphics

Today is day 36 out of a 60 day raw juice fast for me, I lost just under 45 pounds and almost 7 inches off my waistline.

I think most of the green juices tatse great especialy Mean Green, the ones that don't I just gulp down but drink on average 48oz. per day.

jkdbjj

Today is day 36 out of a 60 day raw juice fast for me, I lost just under 45 pounds and almost 7 inches off my waistline.

I think most of the green juices tatse great especialy Mean Green, the ones that don't I just gulp down but drink on average 48oz. per day.
Congrats!

Do they fill you up?
Moze, they fill you up in a way that cooked food can't.
Cooked food, mostly destroys the enzymes that help in digestion. Which is why sometimes we feel tired after eating cooked food. Our body has to use more energy to digest.
Raw food keeps the enzyme that does that for us. Not all RAW food, but a lot of them.
What happens as a result, is we are not tired after eating, but ready to go. Yet full at the same time.

There is a myth that food will get bland, but the argument falls apart when you realize the average American diet, is chicken, pork, then red meat, over and over and over. So in essence the opposite is true with Raw Food, as there are so many things I have never tried.

Of course there are myths to Raw Food as well, extremists that give it a bad name. Overall it has changed my life, and my wife's as well. It has educated my kids to eat better, but they can eat what they want.

Hope that helps a little.

rdmdarr

Congrats!

Moze, they fill you up in a way that cooked food can't.
Cooked food, mostly destroys the enzymes that help in digestion. Which is why sometimes we feel tired after eating cooked food. Our body has to use more energy to digest.
Raw food keeps the enzyme that does that for us. Not all RAW food, but a lot of them.
What happens as a result, is we are not tired after eating, but ready to go. Yet full at the same time.

There is a myth that food will get bland, but the argument falls apart when you realize the average American diet, is chicken, pork, then red meat, over and over and over. So in essence the opposite is true with Raw Food, as there are so many things I have never tried.

Of course there are myths to Raw Food as well, extremists that give it a bad name. Overall it has changed my life, and my wife's as well. It has educated my kids to eat better, but they can eat what they want.

Hope that helps a little.

Why do I have the feeling I will be drinking raw food meals next week when you come into town... :omg2:

jkdbjj

Why do I have the feeling I will be drinking raw food meals next week when you come into town... :omg2:

Don't get me wrong. I own a nice grill and still can make the best baby back ribs I know of. Like it is an art form to me :)
This is just something new for me. I heard a lot of claims about it, needed to lose 20lbs and went for it.
Occasionally I'll scarf some bacon or some fish down. Or when visiting in laws hot wings. So, no worries :D I use to be normal! Ha ha

fmg

A friend of mine has a Facebook group on raw food. I have dome a two week course on this once and it not only makes you lose weight but it really does cleanse you whole system.I think I might try it out again.
Any info you have would be most appreciated if you could post links
Thanks

jkdbjj

Something to consider.
A Lions, or any large cat for that matter, their digestive track is just about a straight path between their mouth and their @@@. They can eat as much meat as they want and presto it shoots out the other end.
Humans on the other hand, have digestive tracks that look like the maze on the back of a Denny's menu. Unless meat is chewed excessively well, one day it will cause problems for the person.
Point being, some hold the position this is evidence, that if we are meat eaters, we certainly aren't built to be shoveling it into our systems. It take a while to work its way through the maze.
Vegetable on the other hand, fruits, and probably fish, would have little or much less problem make through our intestinal maze. :D

jkdbjj

I agree by the way. Just from experience. But why?
Well meat has little liquad in it, it is very dense, hard to digest (break down) coupled with the idea of making its way through the intestinal maze, it is just a harder process.
Veggies and fruit are usually full of liquid, if they aren't cooked to death. Lots of fiber, and actually clean our intestines out through its journey.

Problem is making sure you get the right protein, via Hemp Seeds, and other non meat sources. Cause you still have to have a balanced diet.

Other issue is B12, it is generally said to only come from eating certain animal parts, as it is found in vegetation that is eaten, and then passed to us. However, we cook our food so much, and many animals we eat these days don't get to eat vegetation, an argument can be made it isn't a good source of B12 either.

B12, is so important to us, that if we run out of it, we lose our nervous system permanently. Brain damage etc... The good news is, typically we have about 3 years of supply in our liver of B12, so it is hard to run out, but many vegetarians do run out, because they believe they can get B12 from certain veggies, which is contested right now. It is believed certain mushrooms, and certain seafood (and sea vegetation) may be a source.

Anyway, that's just some of the stuff I have learned about changing my diet.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Yikes, last time I saw liquid like that I had to pop open a couple of clean-outs and rent a sewer snake.....

wayne k
guam usa

Good that it is working for you, 30 pounds lost is impressive.

Mike F

Problem is making sure you get the right protein, via Hemp Seeds, and other non meat sources. Cause you still have to have a balanced diet.

They any good? Been working on changing my diet for health reasons and I've heard they have a lot going for them as far as being healthy. Never seen'em in a store before though so I've never tried'em. Well, I kiiiinda have, but yea, those weren't necessarily meant for consumption.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Kinda reminds me of what runs off the mower deck whenever I hose it down...just a mental thing, I know.

JB

ucmj22

My ancestors did not fight their way up the food chain for me to exist on raw veggies!

:corndog::corndog::bushmill:

what is even more interesting is the fact that when our human ancestors began eating cooked meat, they saw a drastic (comparatively) increase in cranial volume (translates to increase in intelligence) over that evolutionary period, yet now all of a sudden cooked meat is bad. I'm not knocking the veggie or raw diet, it does work (mostly by drastically reducing the amount of processed carbohydrates and calories ingested) I'm just saying, cooked meat is good, not bad.

jkdbjj

They any good? Been working on changing my diet for health reasons and I've heard they have a lot going for them as far as being healthy. Never seen'em in a store before though so I've never tried'em. Well, I kiiiinda have, but yea, those weren't necessarily meant for consumption.
Hemp Seeds are more available these days, but mostly at health food store. There about 10/bag. I use them in salads and smoothies. Two table spoons a day. They are pretty tasty I suppose, but I don't just eat them alone.
Now, 10 for a bag of hemp is pretty good ey?

I'm just saying, cooked meat is good, not bad.
in moderation, absolutely. However, overly grilled steak, hamburger or any meat is carcinogenic. Not to mention, red meat has a ton of baggage on it right now with clinical studies. So not all meat is good for you.
I'm not trying to preach at all, cause what I do is for me. I don't advise anyone to do anything. I suggest to other to do some research and make their own mind up. There are extremists all over the place, so one has to be smart when looking into health alternatives.

Bly

Banana pancakes baby.
With real maple syrup.

There. You now have my secret health diet.