• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nozzle On Vj1204

printimage

My vj1204 is missing nozzle in my black. How can i get it back? I was thinking it can be the cap top not sitting good but the other colours is good. What i should do?

Attachments

• IMG_20170214_213437.jpg
    IMG_20170214_213437.jpg
    908.4 KB · Views: 141

printcleric

Try filling the cap top with distilled water, then run a clean cycle right away before it drains. Then try another nozzle check to see if it improved.

Johnny Best

If this is a Mutoh 1204 with ecosolvent ink I do not think water is what you want to pour down there, use either cleaning fluid or isopropyl alcohol
water is going to cause you more problems, they are not water based inks in that machine.

printcleric

If this is a Mutoh 1204 with ecosolvent ink I do not think water is what you want to pour down there, use either cleaning fluid or isopropyl alcohol
water is going to cause you more problems, they are not water based inks in that machine.
ohhhhhhh my bad, cleaning fluid then.

Johnny Best

you would cause some reaction with the water not mixing with the solvent ink and I have not done it but it would be messy and clog up the tubing

SignosaurusRex

My vj1204 is missing nozzle in my black. How can i get it back? I was thinking it can be the cap top not sitting good but the other colours is good. What i should do?

How long have you had nozzle "Drop-outs" like that? How old is the machine? When was the "Maintenance Station" (pump, etc.,) last replaced?
Looks to me like you have drop-outs on other colors.

printimage

How long have you had nozzle "Drop-outs" like that? How old is the machine? When was the "Maintenance Station" (pump, etc.,) last replaced?
Looks to me like you have drop-outs on other colors.

No it is only the black and the magenta only one dash missing, not a full line just a dash. It started after i went away and i came back but i had flush but run out of cleaning fluid so i put a cloth over the captop and let it with the head over it. i went away in october . I had but a new maintenance station but when it put it in i am getting resistance then when i turn it on i getting a error 74 with all the lights coming on. So it out pack in the other one. I am looking at getting the mutoh mainenance for the machine. i was told to try changing the dampers also.

SignosaurusRex

No it is only the black and the magenta only one dash missing, not a full line just a dash. It started after i went away and i came back but i had flush but run out of cleaning fluid so i put a cloth over the captop and let it with the head over it. i went away in october . I had but a new maintenance station but when it put it in i am getting resistance then when i turn it on i getting a error 74 with all the lights coming on. So it out pack in the other one. I am looking at getting the mutoh mainenance for the machine. i was told to try changing the dampers also.

EO 74 error can indicate a dirty T-fence or dirty encoder strip. I recently had the same issue and a cleaning of both solved it.

printcleric

Can I delete an old post? I'm worried other people might be searching for a solution for the same problem and try what I said up there before finishing the thread. I don't know why I assumed everyone uses water-based ink just cause I do. :p

Johnny Best

Just leave your address so if anyone does add water and wreaks their printer can come visit you and put a beating on you.
No, you can not delete it. Just like if you run water through it, the damage is done.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Can I delete an old post? I'm worried other people might be searching for a solution for the same problem and try what I said up there before finishing the thread. I don't know why I assumed everyone uses water-based ink just cause I do. :p

Ask the admins to delete that particular post, as that could really ruin someone's day if they followed that advice before reading the rest of the stuff.