• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NY SODA BAN................alternative

OldPaint

with the hoopla bout NY banning oversized fountain drinks, i thought i would tell ya what i got for my BIRTHDAY may 20th. hennie bought me a SODASTREAM soda maker. i know most of you old guys remember the 3 stooges and vaudeville type comedians that used those carbonated water drink mix bottles to squirt each other with. the advent of the "home bar" these was popular with folks that made mixed drinks. ive had a couple over the years but the tiny CO2 cartridge for air powered bb guns was a pain to find and they didnt last long.
this thing is awesome. it uses a 10-12" tall CO2 canister, replacment is bout $20-$25, supossed to make like 5-6 cases(24 count)of canned soda. no corn syrup, real sugar in the flavoring, and you can use a little of it,so it isnt so damn sweet.
http://www.sodastreamusa.com/

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks...... I now know another thing I'm gonna get the Goddess for her birthday this coming Tuesday !!

ChicagoGraphics

I stoped drinking soda in 2000 now it's water or greek coffee

My neice just bought that sodastream, I would hook it upto a 50lb Co2 tank

Signed Out

I just dont get it. If i'm that thirsty I'd buy 2 not so oversized sodas... what's next a limit to how many fountain sodas you can buy? Dont most people walk back up to the fountain and refill anyway? I wonder how much time and money has been wasted on stupid legislation like this.

Similarly ny just lifted the ban on smoking in parks that was just passed withing the year. How long untill this soda ban is lifted? Don't our legislators have any real work to do...

J

john1

I wonder how much time and money has been wasted on stupid legislation like this.

Don't our legislators have any real work to do...

:thumb:

Always seems like the people with money do the stupidest things and makes me feel good about staying small time.

Heard last week some 22 year old girls bought a 85 million dollar 73,500 sq ft house. Really?

J Hill Designs

The proposed first-in-the-nation ban would impose a 16-ounce limit on the size of sweetened drinks sold at restaurants, movie theaters, sports venues and street carts. It would apply to bottled drinks as well as fountain sodas.

ridiculous - you cant buy a 2-liter to put in your fridge?

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 63

OldPaint

i quit drinking DIET COKE, 1991. i was a coke a holic from age 5 when my parents bought a grocery store. the down side of that coke drinking at an early age wound up with me developing sever stomach aches that would last 10-18 hours. had all the test done for all aliments Gastro-intestinal. found nothing wrong. wasnt untill i was in the air force 1965-69 did i get a clue as to the cause of the stomach aches. COKE, of the 50's is not the same COKE you drink today. neither is the carbonation process. back then a lot more acidic chemicals was used. the way a air force doctor explainedthis to me was:
as a 5 yr old, with a still developing body, by ingesting so much acid from the COKE, my stomach shut down its own acid process, to protect itself. with me drinking 1-2 8 oz cokes with my meals at that age, that was enough acid to help the digestion. sometimes it still wasnt enough, so the stomach ache started..........till the food got digested, 10-18 hours later. no more stomach ache. as i got older they still effected me. i discovered that drinking a qt or more of PINEAPPLE or ORANGE JUICE, stopped the stomach ache. all that acid..........most people woulda GOT A STOMACH ACHE!!!HAHAHAHAHA
1991-92 we got involved in TAI-CHI and since i had already had 1 heart attack in 87-88, would be a good idea to stop drinking that diet crap for sure. i still enjoyed the bubbly and burps from it so i would go to a restaurant and order soda water and lime of lemon slices. this got me off the DIET COKE. in the grocery store i found SYFO. this is a ZERO CALORIE, ZERO SUGAR carbonated water with orange, raspberry, or lime flavored. drank that for many years. being in the hospital couple times got me back on drinking GINGER ALE. i prefer VERNORS, but the flavoring in the sodastream is close, and i use less flavoring per liter.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah you are.................. :ROFLMAO:

I knew a kid that drank almost two 6 packs a day. However, his poison was Pepsi, I think. He's about 52 or 53 now. He drank it since he was a kid. His teeth literally decayed away. He lost all the enamel on his teeth and they said it was completely because of his high soda intake. Not to mention, he was only about 4 inches short of 5 foot. His kid was about 6 when I met him and the last time I saw the kid he was still only about 3' tall.

Hey OP...... I thought all Italians drank wine soda when young..... were you some kinda prissy kid and couldn't handle the wine ?? :clapping:

showcase 66

I stop drinking soda about 6 months ago.(except when mixed with something) I will go through spurts of 2-3 months without any but usually will go back. This time, I found Arrowhead sparkling water and mix a Lemonade MIO type thing and that takes the craving away.

This looks cool though. Might have to pick one of those up.

OldPaint

gino if you can find me a bottle of REAL DAGO RED like i drank as a kid...........id probably get drunk with ya)))))

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I only drink Bushmill or Jameson. If I must drink wine, it's gonna be a good Port. That's my style.

But if ya come up North, I'll get ya some grappa and we'll go from there. Carol is now making home-made Limoncello. It is so-o-o-o-o. good. It's more than just a digestivo.