• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OCÉ ColorWave 500 MFP

kanini

Does anyone use or have used one or can tell me anything about a Océ ColorWave 500, a dealer is offering a lightly used unit for a reasonable price and we often do have clients who wants a couple of paper posters in A2 size and bigger. We also sometimes need to print and/or copy blueprints at a very low volume, which we at the moment outsource. At the moment we print posters etc. on our HP Latex printers but it is an inconvenience to switch vinyl rolls to paper just for 2-5 pcs. posters, so I am interested in hearing if the ColorWave is any good, major drawbacks etc.? Will have a demo tomorrow since the dealer has the machine close by. Thanks!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I think the 500 is the same as the 700 (we had the 700 for a while, great machine, run over 200k sqtf) but the 500 doesn’t have the adjustable head height so can’t be used for thicker media’s. (I could be wrong).

it’ll run those drawings for you absolutely no problem but not sure how well it’ll do if you stick some thicker poster paper in there. I’d definitely get some prints off it on your paper(s) before buying.

also worth nothing that canon have released a new set of these machines so not sure when they’re setting EOL for the 500’s, 700’s etc.

kanini

Thanks for the reply iPrintStuff, yes I will definately get some samples and if possible on some (thicker) poster paper. I see there's one for sale here as well but unfortunately I'm in Europe, the price asked is about the same. I will ask the salesguy about the EOL if he has any info.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We had ours about 4 years but I don’t think it ever needed a service call. Sturdy machines. They use a lot of the same tech in the Colorado