• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Océ install & setup

growler

Question for the people with the Océ GT/XT printers out there.

How long did install and everything else take until you were operational. We are due to get ours installed next week and that are saying 4-5 days which has me stumped. in my last 15 years of printing on wide format machines the most has been 2 days including training.

Anyone offer their experiences?

Cheers :D

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
I think 4-5 days is reasonable. 2 days including training sound like they are not doing their set up properly and just want to rush throu the process.

StarSign

Ours was two days set up and 1 day training, that was six years ago and the machine is still running like a champ!!!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Are you getting a GT or XT?

Estimated times from my engineer were 2 days setup for GT, 3 days for XT.
Training was 2 days following install.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Install

Have fun with your new printer!
We had ours delivered in January this year. Install took 5 days, (they told us 2-3 also and 2-3 for training, were also weren't in a hurry and didn't really push) training was 2 days + 1 extra day for some specialty printing we are doing with it.
Have you had any other flatbeds? This has been quite the learning curve for us going from 2 Jeti flatbeds to the Oce. There are a lot of limitations to the Oce that we were unaware off. (And yes, we didn't do our homework as well as we should have, but we had an opportunity to do some specialty printing and the Oce was the only option)

Jeremy

P.S. I know you already bought the machine but here is my .02 cents.
We have the Arizona 660 XT with 256 inks.

The Good: Great print quality, the stock profiles are ok, they are a little light on the saturation for what were used to, no uv light banding, even mostly in production mode (although we have a liquid coater so it's not as big of a deal breaker for us), batch printing (especially for the specialty printing were doing), print and ink statistics,

The Frustrating: No registration pins, no layout on the machine, very limited on board GUI, can't purge printing in the middle of a print, vacuum isn't as strong, heads are more finicky, longer startup time in the morning to get the heads perfect, no left right adjustment on the fly, head height adjustment on the fly, expensive ink, and there are more but I won't bore you.