• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Oce Arizona 250gt Diy Head Replacement

somoflange

As we all know, it's been a while since the 250gt has been dropped from support.
Can I do a head replacement without a service key?
Is there some way around needing a service key with a 250GT at all?
We need to squeeze a few more months out of ours before we upgrade.

AlsEU

You can replace the head mechanically and calibrate the physical position of the head, but it's difficult to set up the voltage and the waveform for the new head, as it usually requires the key. I've heard that some people tried to change it in the windows register file, but I'm not sure, if it works...

ToTo

Professional Support
As we all know, it's been a while since the 250gt has been dropped from support.
Can I do a head replacement without a service key?
Is there some way around needing a service key with a 250GT at all?
We need to squeeze a few more months out of ours before we upgrade.
You are not in need of a dongle. Connect a usb keyboard, ctrl-alt-del, stop the software and regedit the values. You will find them in area "Oce Aries".

Dug

You are not in need of a dongle. Connect a usb keyboard, ctrl-alt-del, stop the software and regedit the values. You will find them in area "Oce Aries".

I've gotten into the registry and found the voltage options, it lists more printheads than exist...Also, there isn't any value in the print head serial number section, it just has 000x0000 for all print heads. How can I tell which print head C2 is? If I had to guess, I'd say Printhead04...and lastly, my new printhead has the voltage listed as 19,5...the voltages are all listed above 2.0xxxxxe... Does it make sense that this new one is under 2?
Thanks for any help you can provide/

AlsEU

For sure voltage shouldn't be above 2V, but above 20V. If you have a new printhead, you should get also information about the waveform of this printhead and voltage. Each head have different voltage to be set, that's why it's so important to set it properly.
If you ask about the cyan head located next to the left magenta, it is head #04 indeed (black heads are 1 and 2, cyan 3 and 4 and so on).

Dug

For sure voltage shouldn't be above 2V, but above 20V. If you have a new printhead, you should get also information about the waveform of this printhead and voltage. Each head have different voltage to be set, that's why it's so important to set it properly.
If you ask about the cyan head located next to the left magenta, it is head #04 indeed (black heads are 1 and 2, cyan 3 and 4 and so on).
My guess is it's just the way it's written(came from Belgium) so it would be 1.95xxxxe... According to the info they sent, I want to use the waveform from the previous head, but the voltage from the new head. Thanks for the help.

AlsEU

Waveform from the previous head may work (or may not). If the new head have different waveform, you won't get a required printing quality. And check the voltage, 1.95V will not work for sure - it's far too low. Usually heads have voltage around 20-21 volts, but you should get full info about waveform and voltage with the head. Playing with voltages is possible, but range is not too big - like maybe 2 volts in each direction from the proper one.

Deymos1981

SDS key is not needed.
1. in the registry, set the desired values: voltage and waveform.
2. remove the cover where the cooling fluid is poured.
3. disconnect any tube from the cooling pump
4. syringe to exhaust the cooling fluid (not necessarily all)
now you can change your printhead

I did it many times, everything was ok. With the key it is more convenient only that you can start the procedure of outpumping the cooling fluid, but the syringe easily solves this problem

Last edited: