• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 250GT Issues

capsaicinking

I have been having a lot of problems with some of the print heads on my Oce Arizona 250GT. Most recently with a major plug in two of the heads. I have performed all of the standard cleaning and maintenance multiple times. I guess my question is when/how do you know if a print head needs to be replaced versus aggressive cleaning-flushing? On top of this the printer is now throwing an error before printing saying that the print heads failed to configure and will not print at all. Thoughts on this as well? The printer is in a relatively clean environment, is usually always left on, with regular cleanings.

StarSign

My rule of thumb is after 10 unsuccessful cleanings (meaning I see no change at all in the quality) I replace the printhead.

capsaicinking

I have heard of opening up the top of the head and running flush down through the head to help clear aggressive clogs. Has anyone ever done this, and is it advised or a huge no no?

artbot

i bought a used flatbed with horrible heads (toshiba ca4w) and successfully cleaned them with NMP. the oem cleaner was doing nothing. that said, it melted the drain tube. but the heads had no problem with the NMP and had no compatiblity issues with the ink.

DougWestwood

Nmp?

i bought a used flatbed with horrible heads (toshiba ca4w) and successfully cleaned them with NMP. the oem cleaner was doing nothing. that said, it melted the drain tube. but the heads had no problem with the NMP and had no compatiblity issues with the ink.

Hey Artbot,

Please supply words for abbreviations? NMP?OEM?

Also, is the Toshiba comparable to the FUJI/OCE line of flatbeds?
And when you say drain tube, which one do you mean?

_ Doug Vancouver

DougWestwood

Iso?

Frankly speaking in both printers (Fuji/Oce) ToshibaTec printheads are installed (CA3 in the past, now CA4, various versions).

Hey Artbot,

Checked out your link.
N-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidone. NMP is best suited for soaking equipment components that have cured foam or crystallized/hardened ISO on them. NMP will quickly remove the most resilient dirt and material from all metal surfaces. When applied to liquid ISO, NMP will cause a gelling of the product, making it much less effective. It is important to wear protective gloves and eyewear when working with NMP.

Do they mean ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL by the letters ISO?

artbot

most likely a trade nickname for polyisocyanurate. it is a spray foam website.

NMP is the same solvent that is used in the HP latex ink. it reacts much differently to cured polymers. standard solvent softens polymers but then just leaves them as a sticky substance. NMP seems to break into the cured polymer and break it down to silt rather than a sticky substance.

Zombowski

most likely a trade nickname for polyisocyanurate. it is a spray foam website.

NMP is the same solvent that is used in the HP latex ink. it reacts much differently to cured polymers. standard solvent softens polymers but then just leaves them as a sticky substance. NMP seems to break into the cured polymer and break it down to silt rather than a sticky substance.

So what's the long term effect on your heads with such an aggressive solvent?