• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OCE ARIZONA 350 GT with white ink - A LIVE!

KevSign

We bought this printer used last year for white ink, after 6-8 months printing with 258 OCE ink and too much hassle to keep up clean white ink other colors too. My local vendor offer buy with cheap price, because these printer head and they has no clue how to fix. They told us new heads over $6,000.

We gave up and listing on local Caught list and EBay for sales and Miracle happen. There is new ink company in Santa Monica contact we to help recovering these 2 white print head.

Yes, good thing happen in 2 days most nozzles white head live and new ink better too. They spend a week to help replace ink tubes, color profiles with Onyx. We also try to switch to Bordeaux or Nazda ink but local vendor refuse to do because this printer with 258 (flush kit $3,000)

Any way We are save $200 per 2 litter color x5 colors (once 256 & 258 $450 ea. color) - Ink chip work great too.

OCE user saves money and energy why pay some ink more chemistry less pigment to damage your print head.

We had 2 FB500 and now thinking sale one of these to buy another used OCE :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieVSVlUYXV8

Our equip:
LX850, 2 HP L28500, HP L360, Roland VS 640, 2 HP FB500, OCE 350GT, 860 Graphtec, Multicam Router 4x8 & 4x4, Chinese Laser 48x96, Automatic Grommets, Sewing Machine.
Some Mac and PC - Caldera rip for HP and Onyx thrive for OCE

**Why we are wrapped the printhead with swimming picture, because our printer was sinking and Mr Kirill gave us the life saver and now we can swim strong as Olympic swimmer ;-)

KevSign

Sharing convert to bulk ink.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• OCE 350GT.jpg
    OCE 350GT.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,253
  • OCE 350GT Bulk Ink.jpg
    OCE 350GT Bulk Ink.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,369
  • IMG_1670.jpg
    IMG_1670.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,122
  • IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_1674.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1676.jpg
    IMG_1676.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 270

BALLPARK

We never used 3-party inks in my smaller roll to roll as the price was already not bad and heard some horror stories.

We purchased a used flatbed and the seller told us about a 3 party ink they sold. Researched it and read some good info on it... We pulled the trigger and it was a very good move.

Colors are vibrant, ink adhesion is very good on our media / substrates, and it cost a great deal less than the OEM ink. We will switch to this ink on all UV based ink systems on our used equipment in the future. We do not buy new as the price for the machines we like are far out our of reach when purchased new. If things change in the near future and we purchase new, we would still change to the 3 party ink system, that's how impressed we have been with the inks and the savings.

For anyone thinking about the switch... do the research and ask for current clients of theirs to contact about the inks. But I would no longer fear the UV 3 party inks. We do not use the same 3 party ink as Kev, but we too found a great source for our UV printer. It appears that technology is improving in options for inks on the market and that is good for sign shops!

Side note:

How do you like your LX850? Has the downtime been minimal? How does the ink compare to the HP 360 inks? We want to purchase one for vehicle wraps, wall wraps, posters (F&B / Hospitals), and banners. Do you like the quality of the print enough for your wrap based projects or do you use some of your other printers for your wraps?

Thanks!

KevSign

How do you like your LX850? Has the downtime been minimal? How does the ink compare to the HP 360 inks? We want to purchase one for vehicle wraps, wall wraps, posters (F&B / Hospitals), and banners. Do you like the quality of the print enough for your wrap based projects or do you use some of your other printers for your wraps?

Thanks!

Our HP Latex LX850 so far run good for us, there was problem with heat element, ink bag go out but our vendor (Nusign) always have stock and replace same day or next day. If compare with HP L360 is 3rd generation and small format with Optimize ink good color than old L255 and L265 (we currently had 2 L28500 same as L265).

There are Latex LX3000 & LX3500 are 3rd generation for Grand format but price very high, None of distributor sale or support. HP sale direct to keep every one in service contract.

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
Kevin thanks for honest and warm reply! I was glad to help you to fix some problems. It works perfect and the pictures that you upload can't transfer the quality of printing.

We never used 3-party inks in my smaller roll to roll as the price was already not bad and heard some horror stories.

It is true! I know a lot of those stories to. The inks is always complicated question that for many people is kind of compromise. But also true is that sometimes original inks are weak and can't be compared with some 3-rd party inks. The reason is banal, it is money. In Arizona case, manufacturer have not reasons to do superior quality because in long terms the profit will decrease. First of all to produce superior inks is expensive. Why I should to do better inks if my users not have any chance, because I did the chips on inks? It is simple, I will do low-middle level inks and make money on it and also on parts and service. Like example ink tubes that connected inks tank and heads. Many people don't know this part is temporary, and this must to change each 6 monts, because cheap chemistry of original inks destroy it. Do you know that this tubes cost?

Sometimes 3-rd inks much better than original. Of course not all. Only long statistics from real users can be proven that it is true. We have more than 5 years Oce statistics and more than 50 happy customers. They all have BULK inks system and feel free to choose inks that will be better than ours.

KevSign

Kevin thanks for honest and warm reply! I was glad to help you to fix some problems. It works perfect and the pictures that you upload can't transfer the quality of printing.

It is true! I know a lot of those stories to. The inks is always complicated question that for many people is kind of compromise. But also true is that sometimes original inks are weak and can't be compared with some 3-rd party inks. The reason is banal, it is money. In Arizona case, manufacturer have not reasons to do superior quality because in long terms the profit will decrease. First of all to produce superior inks is expensive. Why I should to do better inks if my users not have any chance, because I did the chips on inks? It is simple, I will do low-middle level inks and make money on it and also on parts and service. Like example ink tubes that connected inks tank and heads. Many people don't know this part is temporary, and this must to change each 6 monts, because cheap chemistry of original inks destroy it. Do you know that this tubes cost?

Sometimes 3-rd inks much better than original. Of course not all. Only long statistics from real users can be proven that it is true. We have more than 5 years Oce statistics and more than 50 happy customers. They all have BULK inks system and feel free to choose inks that will be better than ours.

Our FB500 we are printing all day and color very nice, we are printing with indoor plus, also turn off automatic cleaning help less wasted ink and still perfect every day (one week CMYK Engineering ink without problem).

Socal friends welcome come to our shop to witness OCE 350GT and FB500 with 3rd party ink and ink chip. I hope you to make switch with your FB500, FB700, Series of OCE to taste of better color, I am sure you will save set ink $600 - $1000 :rock-n-roll: