• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona RMO communications failure?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Im trying to change media on my RMO as i was printing a whole load of banners, and now going back to my roll of paper used for nozzle checks and test prints.

For some reason i cannot unload the RMO. The screen comes up with "check motion errors" and i get a communication error" The cables seem fine, they just sit under the machine. I've tried restarting it with no luck (usually works for a roll motion error) but now im not getting anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Ended up solving it, had to restart it. then keep pressing unload so it would turn to the unlock position and take the rolls off. restart it again and and press unload and it all seemed to work.

Bly

I can never get my 360 RMO to load using the foot pedals.
I just spool enough off to run onto the takeup and press initialise.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We had this happen yesterday too... no amount of pedal pushing was doing its job like it should.
Ended up shutting down for a few minutes and started back up again minus the issues.
Frustrating when you're trying to get jobs out the door.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
We had this happen yesterday too... no amount of pedal pushing was doing its job like it should.
Ended up shutting down for a few minutes and started back up again minus the issues.
Frustrating when you're trying to get jobs out the door.
Its frustrating. Im not sure what the initial issue actually is, or just a glitch. It doesn't happen often, but this is the 2nd time.

ToTo

Professional Support
Exchange the network cable to cat5 or 6.
And connect it directly to data relay pca without the f... adapter. This frequently causes errors

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Exchange the network cable to cat5 or 6.
And connect it directly to data relay pca without the f... adapter. This frequently causes errors

That's not the issue. The RMO (roll media option) isn't connected via ethernet communications. It uses it's own 4 pin (i think) cable, to the motherboard.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I find that this usually happens when I'm too quick on the pedals and the machine isn't "ready" for my input.
Need to learn to work at the machine's pace and not in my usual break-neck speed sometimes.

Andy_warp

Sure glad I don't have a flatbed!
My dyesub machine is an old Vutek that has new brains and printheads.

PrinterEvolution Evo33 DS | Global Imaging

I printed half of their sample images! Lol!

It has all sorts of qwerks with the order I have to do things.

If I purge two channels too close in succession...or apply pinch and another operation too fast...it will lock up.
Sometimes I can reset the motor and heater servos, and it will come back up.
Other times a service call will have them remote in and reload motor control software.

Some mornings she can be a real bitch! Most days solid if I take my time and articulate every operation.

I see Bly and Pauly on here all the time...you guys are print jedi's like me!

Funny how all of these machines have their own personality.
Mine likes loud rock music and sponge baths.

-Andy in Seattle

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I can never get my 360 RMO to load using the foot pedals.
I just spool enough off to run onto the takeup and press initialise.

Yeah that works. The pedals don't operate the machine or just not sure what does what?

Sure glad I don't have a flatbed!
My dyesub machine is an old Vutek that has new brains and printheads.

PrinterEvolution Evo33 DS | Global Imaging

I printed half of their sample images! Lol!

It has all sorts of qwerks with the order I have to do things.

If I purge two channels too close in succession...or apply pinch and another operation too fast...it will lock up.
Sometimes I can reset the motor and heater servos, and it will come back up.
Other times a service call will have them remote in and reload motor control software.

Some mornings she can be a real *****! Most days solid if I take my time and articulate every operation.

I see Bly and Pauly on here all the time...you guys are print jedi's like me!

Funny how all of these machines have their own personality.
Mine likes loud rock music and sponge baths.

-Andy in Seattle

Every machine will have some bug or something. Restarting an Arizona is quite easy, just like restarting a big PC. Just can't keep it off for long as the ink heads will start dripping.

I print white ink quite a lot and the white ink pigments are thicker/heavier than the rest so it takes its toll on the pumps. The other week i was waiting for a new pump as it just died. They dont actually die, just requires a slight tap to wake it up. so for a few days i'l just make sure the white ink reservoir is full, and when it says low, it give the pump a tap to kick it over.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Pauly, how long does it take for your heads to drip? Don't ask me how I know, but our 360 won't drip even overnight.
Ugh, and that section of the head where the white pigments settle overnight... irritate the **** out of me. It's like 1cm of nozzles just go to sleep and require a lot of persuasion to get moving again.

Bly

The 257 white ink in ours isn't much more work than the colours.
We shake the bag and get all nozzles clear every day.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We still run 256 white with 257 CMYK channels.
RJPW, it's been like this for us for the last four years, so we feel that it's "normal".
We usually start by applying flush to the heads in the morning and let it sit for ~15 minutes, then purge and clean. We'll do a nozzle check then make a call as to whether we print a 1200mm x 150mm pure white job we keep in the queue.
We have also found that bleeding the white ink filter can speed up nozzle recovery somehow.