• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona

ProColorGraphics

I am looking at a new Oce Arizona 1300 (LED). I am just wondering, of those that have/had Oce flatbed printers, did you like them? Would you suggest them/buy one again?

Just looking for overall feedback about the brand.

Thank you in advance!

Caren Hines

I am looking at a new Oce Arizona 1300 (LED). I am just wondering, of those that have/had Oce flatbed printers, did you like them? Would you suggest them/buy one again?

Just looking for overall feedback about the brand.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Matt,
We have a 1280XT And I am not a fan of it. For one, you need to use a Digital Caliper to check the height of your substrate, and for the price I am shocked that It doesn't have a digital one! if you are not high enough it will hit, and the heads are not cheap Two, the suction on it is terrible , If you lift up the top vents there's only one cup size hole for the "vacuum" for each section on the flatbed. So you need to cover the rest of that panel with something to get a "good" grab.
Hope that helps a bit.
Caren
Color-Ad Signs and Exhibits

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We don’t have one, but we are primarily a canon machine shop (got canon presses and a Colorado).

being fully honest, there are much better flat beds for a lot cheaper prices.

ProColorGraphics

Hi Matt,
We have a 1280XT And I am not a fan of it. For one, you need to use a Digital Caliper to check the height of your substrate, and for the price I am shocked that It doesn't have a digital one! if you are not high enough it will hit, and the heads are not cheap Two, the suction on it is terrible , If you lift up the top vents there's only one cup size hole for the "vacuum" for each section on the flatbed. So you need to cover the rest of that panel with something to get a "good" grab.
Hope that helps a bit.
Caren
Color-Ad Signs and Exhibits
Good to know!! It is the 1380XT that I am looking at...

StarSign

I have the Acuity Select 6 channel CMYKWW, we love it. We have the table zones for our most common sizes of signs we print, with no suction problems. Yes you do have to manually set your head height, however, for most of the materials we use we have a set height so we aren't measuring every single item that goes on the table. I do not have the roll to roll and I have heard mixed reviews, maybe someone else on here could shed some better light on that. Part of the reason we like our machine so much the the tech and service. We very rarely need service but they are very timely and helpful when we do need them.

Bly

We have one. There may be faster cheaper flatbeds but ink colour and adhesion is good and you can't beat the quality.
The roll option is best used for nozzle checks. I can't get it to print wide banners without the media rippling up.
But the main reason we bought on Oce was the service.
They are a great team who really go all out to get your machine back up and running as quickly as possible.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We tested many brands when we went shopping for ours and the only thing that could beat it in print quality was the SwissQ but at the time we were offered a deal for half the price on an Oce 360GT (non-LED) so jumped on it.
Like StarSign said above, we have our bed set up with out most popular media sizes and only have issues if a thick (3/4") plywood sheet is bowed but it will stick down once masked off properly.

I have zero regrets with our purchase. It's been a fast & reliable machine for the last 7 years.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I am working on getting a quote on one of those too. ;)
We looked at all the OCE options vs the Vanguard, CET, Mimaki, Roland, Ricoh, and SwissQ. For the cost to value the Vanguard was higher print quality, faster, easier to run, and better configurable. To top it off their Sun Chemical inks are very durable and, so far for us, has had incredible adhesion on everything we print.

ProColorGraphics

We looked at all the OCE options vs the Vanguard, CET, Mimaki, Roland, Ricoh, and SwissQ. For the cost to value the Vanguard was higher print quality, faster, easier to run, and better configurable. To top it off their Sun Chemical inks are very durable and, so far for us, has had incredible adhesion on everything we print.
That is very good to know/hear!! I too looked at SwissQ and would LOVE one, but $400k is a little out of budget, not to mention having to deal with 3phase power again. haha
Mine thing is the best print quality possible! Being a one man shop still, I don't need to print 2k square feet per hour.

ProColorGraphics

Who did you buy your from?

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
This is another alternative, Made in the US (Texas Specifically) with all North American parts, except the Kyocera Heads. all supplies are us based as well. I would love to be part of your evaluation.