• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Colorado Owners - 1m2 Ink usage?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
IS anyone able to get me their 1 square meter ink usage?
Canon quote ~7ml but that just seems pretty low.

Or if someone can just run a saturated / heavy print 1m x 1m and get a figure for me?

Curious of "real world" figures vs quotes.

Thanks!

Just checked an old file we printed. 13.96 mL on 1.3m print. But this was in a backlit density mode, so I'd say 7mL would be pretty accurate for a production or high quality mode for most profiles I would think.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Just checked an old file we printed. 13.96 mL on 1.3m print. But this was in a backlit density mode, so I'd say 7mL would be pretty accurate for a production or high quality mode for most profiles I would think.
What is your total ml and m2?
I'm after the lifetime average ml/m2.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
So that's 10ml/m2. Sounds more realistic to me.
But it is the reality that it's completely dependant on what you print.

And I'm not sure if Canon calculates the waste ink to that amount but it always adds up to something.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Last time I checked we average about 120 litres for every 18000 sqm.

That is up from our old average of about 100 litres but we did a LOT of full coverage posters for covid.

Yeah, the statistics is ink printed, not total ink used. So waste ink is hard to factor in, but the amount of waste ink is pretty minimal compared to printed ink.

aparat

HI
on my machine:
20.000 m2
126L ink.
=6,3ml/m2
we print 90% in high quality mode, 5% speciality, 5% production.
Mostly full coverage.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Thanks everyone for you input. Seems mostly inline to canons numbers.

I'll have to assume between 7-10ml to be safe.