• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce IJC258 Inks

robredick

Is anyone running IJC258 inks on their Oce? Looking at ink options and I can not find much about the new ink.

Thanks

iprint

From what I am told it is very flexible, adheres to plastics well and also works well for thermo/vacuum forming. I also heard that a company that was beta testing it loved it so much that they were trying to order so much of it to keep it out of others hands. This is just what I have heard so take it with a grain of salt.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I was told about it last week when my Arizona was being installed. Adheres like crazy to corflute. Very matte in appearance and smaller gamut than IJ255 and IJ256 though.
I would really like to see some in action though. A fair bit of my work is on corrugated plastics.

wfin73

258 inks

Does anyone have anything newer to add about these inks? We just installed an Arizona 480GT in January, and have mixed results with the adhesion of the 256 inks. We print commercial graphic overlays, and primarily sub-surface print on transparent polycarbonate and polyester. Parts are printed several up on a sheet, the rear is laminated with adhesive then die-cut with a steel rule die. Adhesion seems to be better on the polyesters than the polycarbs. We are wondering if the switch to the 258 inks will help us, but we are slightly concerned about the lower color gamut range since some of our customers are very strict with their colors. The more matte finish doesn't bother me since we are printing subsurface and the gloss of the material will take care of the gloss level.

Thanks,
Bill

chinaski

Any updates on this inkset? Comparison to IJC257?

We're installing an Arizona 460XT next month and trying to determine which inkset to go with. Adhesion is important since we do alot of glass printing, but we would want a larger color gamut for Dibond printing as well. We're currently using Marabu inks, which is similar to 258 inks.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I would place gamut above adhesion, so 257 would be my suggestion. We recently moved to it. Can't tell the difference in gamut from 256. Adhesion on plastics is considerably better.

Hi we using right now, Nutec inks on our oce arizona 660xt, with no adhesive issues for the past year the good thing is the price only $210 for 3 liters, since we print all they long corrugated plastic we need a competitive ink price in order to compete with this market, we start using 258 inks and the adhesion comparing with the Nutec is the same, you may try to use an adhesive promoter or print in quality smooth in order to get better adhesion, I don't think you will have problem with the ink we use

Attachments

• IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0865.JPG
    IMG_0865.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 321

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
There use to be a buliten on the dgs.oce website but i can never seem to find it anymore. it would compare all the inks 255, 256, 257 & 258

chinaski

We've decided to go with Marabu DUV-GR inkset. I was told these are better than OEM 258's (more neutral white and adhesion with more flexibility) —Also, saw they won "product of the year" at SGIA.

We are printing higher margin, lower volume, so saving on inks isn't very concerning right now.

There use to be a buliten on the dgs.oce website but i can never seem to find it anymore. it would compare all the inks 255, 256, 257 & 258
Was this it?:
Screenshot 2018-01-23 16.26.45.png

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
We've decided to go with Marabu DUV-GR inkset. I was told these are better than OEM 258's (more neutral white and adhesion with more flexibility) —Also, saw they won "product of the year" at SGIA.

We are printing higher margin, lower volume, so saving on inks isn't very concerning right now.

Was this it?:
View attachment 132355
Yep, where did you find it?

I still run 256 inks. Eventually going to go 257.

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
Hi we using right now, Nutec inks on our oce arizona 660xt
Daniel hi! I suppose the white heads already have gone? You do not order the white chips for a while...

Marabu DUV-GR inkset. I was told these are better than OEM 258's (more neutral white and adhesion with more flexibility) —Also, saw they won "product of the year" at SGIA.

Are you kidding? The winners could be googled in minutes. Marabu is a great company - they are really skilled in the screen printing and get success in this field in Europe (Germany mostly) Unfortunately, this market slowly dies down. This is the reason why they started to play on UV digital field, but they are still beginners and really too far to be won any prizes. Looks like you are ready to pay for their future experience taking the risks to lose your own heads.

https://www.sgia.org/expo/2018/competitions/product-year-winners

chinaski

Daniel hi! I suppose the white heads already have gone? You do not order the white chips for a while...

Are you kidding? The winners could be googled in minutes. Marabu is a great company - they are really skilled in the screen printing and get success in this field in Europe (Germany mostly) Unfortunately, this market slowly dies down. This is the reason why they started to play on UV digital field, but they are still beginners and really too far to be won any prizes. Looks like you are ready to pay for their future experience taking the risks to lose your own heads.

https://www.sgia.org/expo/2018/competitions/product-year-winners

My post was made in January, while winners for 2018 were only recently announced, so maybe take your own advice and "google it" for 2017.
https://www.sgia.org/sgia/press-release/sgia-announces-product-year-winners
https://www.prlog.org/12658388-sgia...-product-of-the-year-for-digital-inks-uv.html

You sell ink, yet were not aware of this? o_O

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
My post was made in January, while winners for 2018 were only recently announced, so maybe take your own advice and "google it" for 2017.
https://www.sgia.org/sgia/press-release/sgia-announces-product-year-winners
https://www.prlog.org/12658388-sgia...-product-of-the-year-for-digital-inks-uv.html

You sell ink, yet were not aware of this? o_O

Well, you got me there, chinaski. I didn't notice the date you posted.

Nevertheless, I'm still surprised that Marabu won in that category. In 2017, Agfa UV ink won the prestigious prize for Best UV/LED Ink from the European Digital Press Association in Hamburg, which is significant because the association is invite-only for industry professionals. The fact that Marabu, which is based in Germany, was passed up for this award is especially damning and leads me to question SGIA's award selection process.

In the end, the user experience is more important than any number of awards. There may be long-time users of Marabu's ink, but anyone can get used to mediocrity if that's all they know. Marabu is honestly not a good product. As I mentioned, the company specializes in screen printing, but their UV ink is subpar at best.

Anyone is free to use Marabu or any other ink, of course. But let's not pretend that Marabu is actually a quality ink.

Hello everyone, i have oce arizona 460 gt, running on IJC258, i want start using IJC257, can i change ink filter and go to 257? or it strongly recomended long flush?

Different engeneers told me that if i could properly empty the system, the long flush wont be necessary, but when i have inserted ijc 257 (in the empty system) it requires the long flush. Can someone explain how to avoid long flush (as i can not make long flush) and make the machine continue printing.
Thanks in advance

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Obviously not Océ engineers then. Service bulletin says you have to long flush, their software is configured to enforce a long flush... I think you're going to have to long flush.