Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Oce ink bags being rejected.

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by waximoff, Feb 5, 2019.

1. waximoff

waximoff Member

May 8, 2007
    Brighton, MI
    I was wondering if anyone else ran into this issue.. My black ink expired 30 days ago, A prompt came up on the control computer saying I can get 30 days more with the ink.. I ordered another bag that day and figured i'd use as much as I could in those 30 days. Well today is the 30th day so I go to put in my new bag and it's coming up as rejected. I checked the expiration on the new bag and We still have 2 months.

Is there a way to bypass this?

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Nickprints

Nickprints Member

Aug 20, 2018
    Ma
    youtube had a video!

3. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    Link?

4. Nickprints

Nickprints Member

Aug 20, 2018
    Ma
    Sorry homie snuck a youtube search on my phone at work. Firewall and cant access Youtube on the work Comp. I believe i searched : Oce Ink bag rejected

5. waximoff

waximoff Member

May 8, 2007
    Brighton, MI
    I did see that video, he cuts off the rf chip I'm guessing. I'm hesitant to do that and have it mess up my service contract..

6. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    You also need to buy a new RFID sticker (as seen in the video).
    I believe CMYKEngineering float around on this forum somewhere.
    https://cmyk.me

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zhobov

Zhobov New Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Bulgaria
    The only way is new RFID sticker.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CMYKENGINEERING

CMYKENGINEERING Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Santa Monica
    You rang? :)

As they original poster found, sometimes ink is delivered that's close to the expiration date. Reasons range from global warehouses and sea shipping to indifference and profits.

The solution is either buy a new bag of ink or get a replacement RFID chip. It's not a complicated process and shouldn't affect your contract because you're still buying ink from Canon, which is what they care about.

9. Carlos Valencia

Carlos Valencia Member

Oct 14, 2018
    Dallas Tx
    tell me more. what model of Oce? We'll do our best to assist you. thx Plottermaster. and Wideformatengineering.

10. Old Timer

Old Timer Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Livonia
    We had a similar situation with our HP. it was rejecting all the ink cartridges. turns out the internal date on the printer was wrong. Once set to the proper date, everything worked fine. took two techs five days and two full sets of new ink cartridges to figure that one out

11. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    Just out of curiosity, how much do you sell the chips for? Can they only be used once?

We've definitely gotten better at timing our ink orders and ordering direct from Canon helps, but when we first got our Arizona we wasted a ton of ink due to getting stale ink.

12. Ronc

Ronc New Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Iowa
    Buy rfid chips and ink from STS INKS for $65/liter

13. GregK

GregK Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Hungary
    No need to buy anything. Just retime your pc in your arizona, using a cloning hdd process. Set the clock back 3 months or what you want. You will have extra time for ink bags.

Read my post about the whole process, in this forum..

14. JoDa

JoDa New Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Vancouver, B.C. Canada
    Just as an FYI...there's a reason that the inks are dated...and it's got nothing to do with Canon trying to sell you inks.

When ink passes it's 12 year shelf life (they do give you an extra 30 days on top of that), it will start to gell up the internal lines, juice boxes and ultimately the Print heads. You may not notice any problems initially but over time it "will" create issues.

I make the comparison to clogged artery's...you wont notice it immediately but eventually your going to have BIG problems.

All digital UV inks have similar shelf life.

You can pay for chips, change dates, etc... to try and get around this, but in the end you'll pay for it with hefty service bills.

Oce/Canon does offer smaller ink bags (800ml) for low usage customers, but I suggest that if you receive "dated" ink, you talk to your supplier about this...as this shouldn't be happening much any more.

15. chinaski

chinaski New Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Finland
    I'm having issues with what seems like RFID board. I keep getting "not available" for bag status, which happens with C, M, and K channels. Status will change to "not present" when I remove the inks, as normal. Canon already sent me replacement ink but that had no effect.

Anyone else have such an issue? I'd recently switched inks from Marabu, which used chips, to 257 and reader never had a problem with board detecting ink.

Attached Files:

16. AlsEU

AlsEU Member

Jul 16, 2014
    European Union
    Try to swap RFID boards between sides, it's pretty easy (but do it when the machine is shut down). If the problem stays on the left side, it's related to the RFID board, cables or inks itself. If it moves to the right side, it's the RFID board.

• Like Like x 1