• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Odd profiling question for the more knowledgeable

mdjamesd

So, we have an S30670 and 2 S60600's. I'm hoping someone could steer me towards a way to create a profile for an S60 that would match my old S30. I have an i1Pro2,. and the associated software. Running Onyx 19.

netsol

So, we have an S30670 and 2 S60600's. I'm hoping someone could steer me towards a way to create a profile for an S60 that would match my old S30. I have an i1Pro2,. and the associated software. Running Onyx 19.
\
colorcrest is the expert at that

Bly

If they are all profiled correctly there's an option in Onyx to select Devicelink in the profile section of quicksets.
This is supposed to make all printers output the same.

netsol

If they are all profiled correctly there's an option in Onyx to select Devicelink in the profile section of quicksets.

bly, that seems almost impossible
the machines do not have identical color space
i suppose they could invoke a universal profile, that both can hit every color (much easier when they built both machines, i suppose)

Bly

i suppose they could invoke a universal profile, that both can hit every color (much easier when they built both machines, i suppose)
Well that's what they say.
I haven't tried it because I just want the best output from each machine.
This is meant to dumb down the printers with the biggest gamuts to match the least.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
To get your all your printers to match colours, usually they go buy the printer with the lowest gamut.

I haven't played with onyx x21, but i did notice the devicelink option, But im under the impression that you have to create the devicelink profile.

Bly

No you just select the option and it's meant to do it automatically.
It's in v19 too.

mdjamesd

The S30 was never profiled. It was in use before I got handed everything.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
The S30 was never profiled. It was in use before I got handed everything.

That will be an issue, as the pre defined profile is not linearized for your machine.

you're better off creating a profile for the S30 and the S60. They will be close straight off the bat.

No you just select the option and it's meant to do it automatically.
It's in v19 too.
interesting, haven't had time to look at it. will when get time!