• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Off Shore Boat Wrap

K2

So I took on this job last minute right before my vacation starts on Friday. Most likely would have turned it down but it is for an owner of a company that we do a lot of business for so I said yes. It is a 39' Contender Off Shore fishing boat. I've done plenty of bass boats here in AR but never an off shore boat and def not at 39' one piece. The dragon I was going to plot and lay separate. I'm not sure if i am just siking myself out due to the size. Any suggestions or tips? Also was wanting to know where would most be at on price. It is just the two 39' sides. Pics posted stopping at the gray line to keep above waterline, so 25" on back and about 40" at widest point on front.

Attachments

• IMG_8742.jpg
    IMG_8742.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 372
  • HSM - Contender 39st - Boat Wrap.jpg
    HSM - Contender 39st - Boat Wrap.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 274

rjssigns

We did a color change last year including transom. Can't remember the exact length though. More than 25', less than 30'. After starting at the stern and going forward we found the trick was to start from the bow and work our way back. It was so much easier for us to work the bows compound curve.

We also set tape markers on the material and grease pencil marks on the gunwales to keep ourselves from skewing the material.
It was our first one but we learned a lot. Since it was our first take what I told you with a grain of salt.