• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help OKI COLOR PAINT M64 S PRINT PROBLEMS ON CYAN

Lizzie Newton

Hi, just wondering if anyone can shed any advice on the following. We seem to be having issues with Cyan print. We do the first clean on the morning, see picture 1. Then when we print we seem to lose the Cyan, see picture 2.
When we clean again it is back as in picture 3.

Could it possibly be the print head? Capping station issue? Head cap issue? As it seems to be just on the one side. Is there anyone that can offer any advice, before we start talking to engineers and buying print heads at mega bucks!! :(

Attached Files:

Attachments

• IMG-2376.JPG
    IMG-2376.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 466
  • IMG-2377.JPG
    IMG-2377.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 391
  • IMG-2378.JPG
    IMG-2378.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 464

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
Printhead caps need to be changed first when you have this problem.
Also check the wiper alignment. I teach my customers to pop off the cover over the capping assembly by pressing the little tab that keeps the pins in the covers mounting holes.
Then when you do a printhead recovery you can see how much ink is being pumped out of each head. If the cyan is less ink then it likely needs a cap.
Also, the cap price is only $155 so we always try that first.
Bruce