• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old Dodge truck Font

bpatrick3

I have been all over the internet looking for good or even usable art for the tailgate logo for an old dodge power wagon.
Can anyone help with font ID or artwork.

Attachments

• Dodge Script High side Tailgate 003M.jpg
    Dodge Script High side Tailgate 003M.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 834

OldPaint

PAINT IT............if its got raised letters like the picture)))))))))) stickers on anything older then a late 60's vehicle ......is not allowed))))
here is a 1952....FORD tailgate.......done properly..

Attachments

• DELLA 048s.jpg
    DELLA 048s.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 421

OldPaint

pounce pattern and paint it.....like it should be on something that old. OR DO THIS........ take that photo you have, into photopaint, crop till all you got is the letters, now print it as big as you can on 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper. now lay a sheet of tracing paper on that. tape paper to paper........so it dont move......now with a new SHARPIE........OUTLINE the letters. put in scanner, scan and take into corel and TRACE IT......wala vector of dodge logo......now make it the size you want......

bpatrick3

OldPaint, thank you for your time but I am not looking for processes,
I never even said what I was doing, I just need Font ID or artwork.
I do not mean to sound ignorant because I really do appreciate you response
but it is not on point.

I'm willing to bet you won't find a font to match that exactly... it may help to be a little more descriptive as far as what you are trying to accomplish so that people can try to help you with what you need.

pounce pattern and paint it.....like it should be on something that old. OR DO THIS........ take that photo you have, into photopaint, crop till all you got is the letters, now print it as big as you can on 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper. now lay a sheet of tracing paper on that. tape paper to paper........so it dont move......now with a new SHARPIE........OUTLINE the letters. put in scanner, scan and take into corel and TRACE IT......wala vector of dodge logo......now make it the size you want......

On point or not, I don't understand this logic at all. Why trace by hand? It's much easier and far more precise to simply trace it over the top of the photo with your vector software.

bpatrick3

Looks like you already got the artwork.
Can't you tweak what you already have ?
All I have is the super low res image that I have shown(from google search), it has not sharp edges
and tracing it would be nothing more that guessing what it should look like
I would like to produce something closer than "Guesswork"

John Butto

another letter

Those tailgates were pressed metal and you need to google "plymouth dodge power wagon tailgate" to get a better pic.
They were not just painted on.

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 352

bpatrick3

Those tailgates were pressed metal and you need to google "plymouth dodge power wagon tailgate" to get a better pic.
They were not just painted on.
That is part of the problem, not all were
stamped so the power wagon that i am working on has nothing