• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old meets new

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/print/foils-and-dies.html?trackingid=KAFJT

This isn't my business, but I essentially came into the world of print via the same route. We started with a little Kingsley pencil imprinting machine in our basement; working with printer's type. Big type, little type...lots and lots of printer's type. As we grew, we then moved up to photoengraved dies on a bigger hot foil stamping press made by Kensol.

To produce our imprinting dies, we ventured into the world of desktop publishing with Corel and then migrated to Adobe.

As our need for greater revenues soon became evident, we totally changed our business model, yet retained our love for the printed word.

We took what we knew about the print, typography, layout & design and started our stone engraving shop and never looked back.

It's kinda funny how everything ties together along the way.

JB

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
BTW...we still use our stamping press to create our embossed pocket folder marketing materials. The guy in the letter press video is right...we live in a tactile world, and people still enjoy the feel of a quality piece of artwork....something that can not be achieved with 100% digital.

JB