• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old Screen Printing Equipment - what is this??

Lauren

Hi everyone. I recently started as Production Manager at a shop that used to do screen printing. There is some old equipment here that I would like to get rid of, however I can't find the information on any of it that a potential buyer might need. There is a UV drying conveyor system and what people here have been calling a "splicer". Please take a look at my pics and let me know if you know anything! Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 247
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 219
  • photo 3 (2).JPG
    photo 3 (2).JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 226
  • photo 2 (2).JPG
    photo 2 (2).JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 172
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 170

FatCat

Last edited by a moderator:

Lauren

Thanks guys. Anyone have a clue where I could get spec sheets for this stuff? I searched a bit online but no luck...

FatCat

Thanks guys. Anyone have a clue where I could get spec sheets for this stuff? I searched a bit online but no luck...

Pierce looks to still be in business, though your machine looks to be a very old model.
Here is a link on ebay for a current one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pierce-Scor...556?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232d83918c

*As with any piece of equipment, it has to work to be worth something. If you can get $500 out of the Pierce I'd say you'd be doing well - small offset industry isn't what it used to be.

supersignmart

don't believe either is worth over 500.00 each. If I was able to sell the dryer for 500.00 I would be glad.
I actually bought a slitter just like that one about 13 years ago, the company shut down. It was a union shop
so I think they keep a few hands until they sold everything. They crated it and shipped it with all the manuals
for a total of 500.00, again that was about 13 years ago.

Locals Find!

My opinion would be to try and donate that to some kind of non-profit that does job training for the Mentally Challenged. The tax write off will probably be worth twice what you would get in actual cash on old equipment like that.