• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Old Shop New, Equipment

matze214

Hey all!

I'm new to this Forum so i want to say hello to everyone! :)
Iam Matthias and 21 Years old.

Iam now sitting since a couple of Years in the Motocross Graphics Branche. Iam one of the leading Designers in Germany in that little hole in the signs making branche. But the Problem is and was, i always had to commission other signmaking shops with equipment to print for me.

Now i want to make that on my own. Because the most shops i partnered up in the last years were unreliable, expensive and very slow.
But every Start is hard so i want firstly go for used machines. Sadly i got no very big clue which machines are good for their Price because i was learned up as a mediadesigner not a signmanufactur.

My Budget would be 15-20K Euros. I would need a Printer, Laminator and a cutter for very thick vinyl. 10-20 Mils. The Machines dont have to be fast. But reliable and with good print and cut quality.
It would be just a help if you could send me some websites were you can offer your used machines to have a look.

It would fall a stone of my heart if someone could help me! :p

Last edited:

Blackrenny

Hey all!

I'm new to this Forum so i want to say hello to everyone! :)
Iam Matthias and 21 Years old.

Iam now sitting since a couple of Years in the Motocross Graphics Branche. Iam one of the leading Designers in Germany in that little hole in the signs making branche. But the Problem is and was, i always had to commission other signmaking shops with equipment to print for me.

Now i want to make that on my own. Because the most shops i partnered up in the last years were unreliable, expensive and very slow.
But every Start is hard so i want firstly go for used machines. Sadly i got no very big clue which machines are good for their Price because i was learned up as a mediadesigner not a signmanufactur.

My Budget would be 15-20K Euros. I would need a Printer, Laminator and a cutter for very thick vinyl. 10-20 Mils. The Machines dont have to be fast. But reliable and with good print and cut quality.
It would be just a help if you could send me some websites were you can offer your used machines to have a look.

It would fall a stone of my heart if someone could help me! :p

Look for used Gerber Edge and Gerber GSX15 plotters, I use them every day to make motorcycle, snowmobile, and jet ski graphics. The ribbons are stable and can be laminated as soon as you print. some uses do not require lamination.

unclebun

We do motocross graphics. We started with a Mimaki JV3, but when the Epson S70670 came out we switched to that. It has the capability of doing metallic silver and white. The white means we can make clear swingarm and fork decals, but you can get by without that. I don't see used Epsons for sale much, but as the S70 is now over 5 years ago and superceded by 2 generations, they may be out there. We still use our old Mimaki CG-130FX plotter for the cutting. You have to rig up "tables" with some .063 aluminum or ACM to feed the graphics in and out flat so they don't hump up as the blade is lifted and moving and get scratched. But it works great.

The Epson gives some of the best color reproduction out there, especially with difficult colors like KTM orange.