• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Older Heat Press question ?

Bunky67

I picked up a couple of older Heat presses,

one is a Perma Trans PT-80, and the second is a THP industries model 300, both appear to be in decent shape, and I was told they were being used, I picked them up to try my hand at Print wear.

Does anyone have any input on these machines ? I know they are older and not the newer digital type presses.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
They're supposed to get hot and to press. Do these do that? If so you're good. If not, you're not.

phototec

Plug them in to see if in fact they get HOT, if they do, use your infrared thermometer to verify the whole platen is equal temperature over the entire area, center to outer edge. If so, you are good to go.

:thumb:

heyskull

We have an old heat press (can't remember make) from the 70s which I was given for free.
It has outlasted 2 other new machines which were just not up to the job.
The old ones were built to last and way over engineered as it takes two people to move!
Even the more expensive machines cannot touch my 70s machine short of timers and heat sensors it is very reliable.

SC