• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

omega 5. copy and paste to corel

ironchef

In my old omega 4. I can ctrl c and paste onto corel x5. Now with omega 5. When i paste. Some letters are missing. Its weird like the inner line of a D. Was missing. And the top or bottom info wouldn't paste. So i have to write something random and put it on top and bottom of whatever i want to copy and paste. So it can work right with x5. Mind you the info is grouped together and still has the smart text thing. But normally this wouldn't matter on omega4. . Any advice?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Convert the text to outlines/curves and do another "group" before copying. Always keep a backup copy of the original text in case you need to go back in and edit.

JB

ironchef

Yea as soon as i installed it i did the update... and i did try convert to curves. But i didnt try grouping it. Will give it a try tomorrow

ironchef

No luck still. I can export ok. I just cant ctrl c and paste into corel. Omega 4 was able to do that :(

ironchef

Tony! Thank you sir... that file worked for me. Now im back to copying and pasting... i use corel and omega all the time together. I love it!

Troy at UniQue

Copy & Paste between OMEGA Composer 2.61 and Corel Draw X6

Hello All,

I seem to vaguely remember a work around to be able to copy & paste between the programs. Currently, the vector curves all get converted to short straight line segments. Does anyone know of a way to do this other than exporting and importing?

Thanks for your help.

ironchef

Yea same here. All the curves are little lines after copy and paste from omega to corel.. also my problem came back where the inner part of an a or p,b,etc. Are missing.

ironchef

Also, importing into omega on some stuff. Comes out as red, print only lines. Doesn't let me cut. So i have to open omega 4 to be able to import and be able to cut.

ironchef

Heres an update. I also notice when i copy and paste, the round edges of letters and numbers appear (not smooth) like a hexagon, when pasting into corel x6.