Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

omega 5. copy and paste to corel

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by ironchef, Aug 31, 2012.

1. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    In my old omega 4. I can ctrl c and paste onto corel x5. Now with omega 5. When i paste. Some letters are missing. Its weird like the inner line of a D. Was missing. And the top or bottom info wouldn't paste. So i have to write something random and put it on top and bottom of whatever i want to copy and paste. So it can work right with x5. Mind you the info is grouped together and still has the smart text thing. But normally this wouldn't matter on omega4. . Any advice?

Tags:
  2. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

Did you get the Omega 5.0 Update? Update 5.0.0.42 addressed this.

3. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Convert the text to outlines/curves and do another "group" before copying. Always keep a backup copy of the original text in case you need to go back in and edit.

JB

4. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Yea as soon as i installed it i did the update... and i did try convert to curves. But i didnt try grouping it. Will give it a try tomorrow

5. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    No luck still. I can export ok. I just cant ctrl c and paste into corel. Omega 4 was able to do that :(

6. Tony Teveris

ironchef - send me an email I may have a fix for your cut/paste

7. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Tony! Thank you sir... that file worked for me. Now im back to copying and pasting... i use corel and omega all the time together. I love it!

8. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Inquiring minds want to know: What was the fix?

JB

9. Tony Teveris

There is a fix I did after update 42 - it will be in the next update but if you want it now email me

10. Troy at UniQue

Troy at UniQue New Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Copy & Paste between OMEGA Composer 2.61 and Corel Draw X6

Hello All,

I seem to vaguely remember a work around to be able to copy & paste between the programs. Currently, the vector curves all get converted to short straight line segments. Does anyone know of a way to do this other than exporting and importing?

Thanks for your help.

11. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Yea same here. All the curves are little lines after copy and paste from omega to corel.. also my problem came back where the inner part of an a or p,b,etc. Are missing.

12. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Also, importing into omega on some stuff. Comes out as red, print only lines. Doesn't let me cut. So i have to open omega 4 to be able to import and be able to cut.

13. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Heres an update. I also notice when i copy and paste, the round edges of letters and numbers appear (not smooth) like a hexagon, when pasting into corel x6.