• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 6.0 thumbnails

okruhlicjt14

I just upgraded from Omega 3.0 to Omega 6.0. Everything works great, except I can't get the PLT files to show their thumbnails in Windows Explorer or through Composer in the Open/Import window.

I have an iMac running OS X El Capitan. I run Windows 10 x64 through a virtual machine, VMWare Fusion 8.1.1. Everything works great, except the thumbnails. Any solutions?

Tony Teveris

There is a "fix" for the thumbnail issue. Email me and I'll send you the info.

It comes down to this. There are two versions of the thumbnail, a 64 bit and
a 32 bit version. Windows Explorer on a 64 bit OS is a 64 bit app, on a 32 bit
OS it's a 32 bit app. The thumbnail viewer needs to be registered on the system
during the install. So during Gerber's install we determine the OS version and register
the appropriate thumbnail viewer.

BUT because all Omega apps are 32 bit apps we also need to register the 32 bit
thumbnail version and this is the cause of the issue, we do not do this.

One could do it manually using Windows regsvr32.exe found in the system folder

I think we came up with an app (patch) that does the registering.

It should be on the web site but I do not think it is. So email @ tteveris@gspinc.com

T

okruhlicjt14

FIXED

I just upgraded from Omega 3.0 to Omega 6.0. Everything works great, except I can't get the PLT files to show their thumbnails in Windows Explorer or through Composer in the Open/Import window.

I have an iMac running OS X El Capitan. I run Windows 10 x64 through a virtual machine, VMWare Fusion 8.1.1. Everything works great, except the thumbnails. Any solutions?

Here's what I did to get the thumbnails to work in Windows 10:

Find and copy these dll files:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Gerber Scientific Products\OMEGA 6.00\Software\GspThumbnailExt.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Gerber Scientific Products\OMEGA 6.00\Software\GspThumbnailExt64.dll

Paste the files in this folder:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Click on the windows start menu and type Command Prompt. Right click on the Command Prompt app and click on Run As Administrator. Click yes on the popup screen.

Copy this code, paste it into the command prompt and press enter:
%systemroot%\SysWoW64\regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\GspThumbnailExt.dll

Copy this code, paste it into the command prompt and press enter:
%systemroot%\SysWoW64\regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\GspThumbnailExt64.dll

Then the thumbnails will work.

Or email tteveris@gspinc.com and he will send you program to click and it will do it automatically.