• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

On FB 700 How do you get the ink coverage to cover the depth of a beveled substrate?

LeiftheLucky

I keep seeing these youtube videos where people are using the machine I work with daily (scitex FB 700) and printing on doors that have beveled centers that are a good 1/2" lower than the head height must be to clear the material. Having done this with stuff like guitar heads, it starts to fade significantly after just a fraction of this. These videos clearly have full coverage with no noticeable difference in opacity, saturation, etc. Although this is not something we would do all the time it was kind of a selling factor and would be a great tool to have at our disposal for custom jobs. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. below is a link to what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance guys, your help in the past has always been extremely helpful.

[video=youtube;w8g4aW92cEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8g4aW92cEo[/video]

danno

If you look closely, you can see some white of the door and some slight discoloration before the camera moves out. We have a FB700 and it can do some really cool things given the time to work with it.